New dedi server how to

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Eksperten, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Eksperten

Eksperten New Member

Hi i just got my self a new server that i want to setup with ispconfig 3.

i want ubuntu 12.04 becurs of the nativ php 5.3
    i want to have Virtualization support so i can create vps.

also this shuld be the main server and then i will add my old servers to ispconfiig when it is up and running

how shuld i start? i dont think there is a perfect server guide for that or did i miss it on google?

thanks

EDIT:

So i found the guide for debian 6 shul i consider moving to debian 6 instead of ubuntu 12? what are the pros and cons?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. Eksperten

Eksperten New Member

this dos not cover the Openvz part :eek:)

the only guide i found is for debian 6 it shuld be almost the same but there is some difrence and one user said it dit not work on ubuntu.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not use a server for webhosting and openvz at the same time as openvz and linux filesystem quota do not work together (you cant start a vm if you installed quota). So if you want to use openvz, then you have to install a openvz host server as described in the debian guide and then create a openvz vm were you install a ispconfig slave system inside and use this vm to host the websites.

4. Eksperten

Eksperten New Member

Hi till

how would that work?
    would i be able to create vps from ispconfig?

5. Eksperten

Eksperten New Member

Hi so i tested it and it workd but i desided to go anotter way. i have proxmox on dedi. and createt 2 vps for ispconfig.

the reson for this was no ipv6 support for vm in ispconfig :(