New feature to create a new tpl and tpl-custom folder?

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by ahrasis, Jan 8, 2021.

1. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

This is a mere suggestion which I think could be useful to all users.

What do you all think if ISPConfig 3.2 /tpl/ folder in installation package is also copied to the ISPConfig directory?

What I had early in my mind is /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/tpl/ or /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-tpl/. I don't know which one is preferred but I think it is best to copy latest tpl folder to ISPConfig folder for users' customization needs, if any.

I think this is quite easy to implement via ISPConfig installer so if there is any need to customize any of its files, one can copy and move it to /conf-custom/install/ folder, almost like the /conf/ folder itself.

Or may be introduce /usr/local/ispconfig/server/tpl/ and /usr/local/ispconfig/server/tpl-custom/ ?

Your comments, suggestions and feedback are most welcomed.

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

nice idea, maybe a further refinement, on initial install, it creates the folder eg, /usr/local/ispconfig/server/tpl-<isp-version-number> with all the template files there.
    then on any update/upgrade, it creates the folder /usr/local/ispconfig/server/tpl-<new-isp-version-number> which only contains template files that have changes from the default template files of the currently installed ispconfig version.
    that would make it easier to see exactly what template files have changed across each update, and know what custom templates need adjusting. plus the original unchanged template files are still there for easy tracking/rollback of changes.

ahrasis likes this.