New how to ISPConfig for Debian 11

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by Gordon Fielden, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Gordon Fielden

Gordon Fielden New Member

Guy's,
    Haven't seen a new tutorial for Debian 11, I see there's a script install, and I saw a comment from on of the admins saying they'd will be getting out after a couple months after release. Is that going to happen real soon ?

IzFazt, bch and ahrasis like this.
  2. 30uke

30uke Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello Gordon,
    I just installed Debian 11 on a VPS and did follow the following guide: https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/
    It is wonderful. It took for about (maybe) max 10 minutes. Might be less (I guess even somewhere 5 minutes). Everything works absolutely fine.
    I did however limit access to SSH via /etc/hosts.allow and did follow the recommendations from https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...e-security-of-phpmyadmin-and-rspamd-ui.86544/ (please note: my reply with regards to restricting access to rspamd - not sure if my approach is best practice (don't think so) but it works for me).

Code:
    Linux s3 5.10.0-10-cloud-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.84-1 (2021-12-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    # cat /etc/debian_version

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    till likes this.
  3. IzFazt

IzFazt Member HowtoForge Supporter

Also interested in this Howto for Debian 11, especially because I install Nginx with Mod Pagespeed for speed and SEO which is not supported by the automated script

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just install using the auto-installer and at the end, you use apt to install the nginx package which includes mod_pagespeed which then replaces the standard package.

IzFazt likes this.
  5. IzFazt

IzFazt Member HowtoForge Supporter

For future readers you have to install Mod_Pagespeed manually for Nginx and this is rather complex.

So here for those interested (tested and updated Februari 1st 2022), installed AFTER ISPConfig Debian 11 using the installation script.

USER ROOT:

Dependencies:
    Manual installed dependencies:
    Mod Pagespeed itself:
    Compiler options!!:
    for Debian 11, ISPconfig :