New ISP Config - sending emails works, but they do not arrive at their destination

Discussion in 'General' started by smokinjo, May 3, 2018.

1. smokinjo

smokinjo Member

Hello,
    We recently installed ISPConfig, the latest version.
    All seemed to go smoothly.
    I set up a domain, and an couple of emails.
    I receive emails sent to my email account.
    But, when I go to send an email using roundcube (that was installed when installing ispconfig), the email says it is sent just fine. There is a copy of the email in the sent box, but the email never arrives at its destination.

Might you have ideas what might be happening, or not happenng?

Thanks for any ideas.

Joseph

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

check your mail log for more information (eg. /var/log/mail.log on a debian/ubuntu system)

3. yodaofborg

yodaofborg New Member

What provider are you using? Some VPS providers (vultr to name one) block the default ports (25 and 465) for SMTP and you have to email them to unblock (they usually do this pretty fast, but it can take a while sometimes). You can use something like https://mxtoolbox.com/diagnostic.aspx to test if it is a blocked port issue.

Also if you are running this from a private ISP (like comcast or virgin media, or any home internet connection) you may find these ports blocked also, in this case all you can do is relay through another email provider. Home ISP's block this port and will not (usually) remove it.

Last edited: May 18, 2018