New ISP Config

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jmh_fl, Dec 29, 2009.

1. jmh_fl

jmh_fl New Member

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for your patience and help.

I hope I can explain my problem because I am new and not really sure what I am talking about.

Anyway - I set up Perfect Server 9.10 according to the tut. Everything went well. I was able to pull up my config panel from IP and domain - locally & remotely.

Then I added my server domain as a website in the ISPConfig panel. ISPCONFIG is working because immediately my index page changed to the default ISPCONFIG page. At that point I realized or thought that wasn't the right thing to do? So I removed/deleted the site.

Now - when I try to reach my domain it goes to and error page instead of the old default "IT WORKS" page.

Am I correct in thinking I should have added my servers domain to the list of sites? What can I do to correct this?

Again thanks for the help.

John

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What does the error page say?

3. jmh_fl

jmh_fl New Member

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured out a solution last night.

It was late I should have documented what I did because now I don't recall exactly step by step what it took.

The error I was getting was 403 (I think). It said something about permissions.

Because this was a new setup I purged all the clients and settings through ISP3. Still was getting the error. I then checked the Vhost list - nothing there. After that I went into the DB manually with PHPMyadmin. I kind of poked around in there but didn't see anything about the old client/site. So at this point I deleted the database & reinstalled ISP3.

I am not sure if this was the most efficient route to fix my problem. With nothing to loose this worked for me though.

Thanks Again,
    John