New ISPConfig setup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kbensch, Oct 11, 2007.

1. kbensch

kbensch New Member

Hi

I seem to have successfully installed ISPConfig but when I service ispconfig_tcpserver start

i get

Starting ispconfig_tcpserver
    [root@ispconfig init.d]# /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/tcpserver/ispconfig_tcpserver: relocation error: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/tcpserver/ispconfig_tcpserver: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/tcpserver/ispconfig_tcpserver: relocation error: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/tcpserver/ispconfig_tcpserver: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Can anybody help please

Kobus

2. hmeco

hmeco New Member

hmm if im not mistaking your libaries are missing..

now i dno. know what os your running on but try installing development pack for your compiler and kernel-devel packages for your kernel

for at find out what kernel your running simply use the command
    "uname -r" and the following output is the kernel your running on.

btw you need to be logged in as root to do that if your not then simply
    type "su" to enter super user mode and then type your root pass..

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The tcpserver binary can cause some trouble on newer linux distributions. It is only needed for vsftpd.

I recommend that you install proftpd as described in the perfect setup guides instead of vsftpd. Then Login to ISPConfig and change the ftp server type to proftpd under management > server > settings