New ISPConfig Ubuntu Install Questions

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ghostshell, Nov 8, 2016.

1. ghostshell

ghostshell Member

Latest ISPconfig
    Latest Ubuntu

When following the step for letsencrypt it did not give the yes or no option during install, it went to a screen where I could cancel adding domains, is this OK?

Is there a way I can change it showing localhost.localdomain as a default? It shows up when not entering https in the admin address bar and I would like it to show a FQDN so when someone clicks the link it actually is useful.

Where can I change the vhost template port number? I do not use port 80 by default and it is a pain to change the vhost file everytime I create a new domain and would like to change the port to what it should be. I found the following info
    "The templates for the configuration files are located in the folder: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/"
    But all I find in the code is name="port" and could not fine were port was specified in the code to change port 80 to something else.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes. Just select cancel there.

Exchange the variable with th port number that you want to use.

3. ghostshell

ghostshell Member

So you are saying, just so I dont mess up my brand new server, replace the tmpl_var port string with the port instead of the variable string that is in there now?

4. ghostshell

ghostshell Member

Also to confirm it is the vhosts master I am changing, correct?