New Linux User, Some problems tho. Help !

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by slopoke_iii, Oct 14, 2005.

1. slopoke_iii

slopoke_iii New Member

Hi, i am new to linux but have successfully installed FC4 to dual boot on my pc. I have a couple issues tho. First FC4 will not open my iomega zip 100 drive. It is represented by an icon if i click on the computer icon ,but when i click on the icon with a zip disk in the drive i get the following error:

( I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified )

I have no idea what to do from there.

Also i have a 3com webcam and i have searched for a driver for linux. I found a patch to make it work but have no idea how to to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

slopoke_iii

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Sounds like your zip disk isn't formatted.

3. slopoke_iii

slopoke_iii New Member

FC4 problems

Thanks for your reply Falko. Great site by the way. I have tried to put in a blank zip disc but the option to format is always greyed out. My other zip discs read fine in win 2000 pro. Will FC4 not read that format ?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you formatted them in WinXP pro with NTFS or FAT32? For Linux compatibility FAT32 is recommended.

5. slopoke_iii

slopoke_iii New Member

Format is fat32

Hi again and thanks for your response. I have formatted a zip disc in fat 32 but still it will not read it. Here is therror i got after the format.

mount: special device /dev/hdb4 does not exist

Any more advice would appreciated.

slopoke_iii