New Mailfilter Bug / Request

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Rescue9, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Rescue9

Rescue9 Member

Ok.... I found another, unfortunately.

Version 3.0.1.4 (beta)

Since there is no way to sort the mail rules in ISPC3, rules get matched by the order they were created.

Here's the problem. I subscribe to a number of mail groups. I have these groups filtered into a number of specified folders. All mail that comes from these groups has the same subject lines, so they all get filtered really well. However, there are also times when I need to keep track of special messages and have these filtered to a different folder. I created additional rules, but these seem to be read after my initial rules, thus my mail still gets routed to the default folder.

A quick solution would be to write the rules in reverse. This way each new rule would get processed prior to a default rule. However, this is only a band-aid. In all reality, ISPC3 needs to have a way to sort the rules via the GUI. This way users would have the ability to sort the list exactly how they want without having to rewrite all their rules.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. Rescue9

Rescue9 Member

Has there been any progress on this? I keep writing rules, but they keep getting borked due to the way the rules are read.

Can we at least get the rules written in reverse so that they will work in some form or fashion.

3. Rescue9

Rescue9 Member

I know this is in the bugtracker. I also know it's slated to be squashed for version 3.0.2. I just wanted to mention once again how important this bug is for some of us.

As it stands now, I have 19 specific mail filters. Only 12 of them are working due to the way the .mailfilter file is read and the inability to order filters via the ISPC3 filters page.

Just wanted to bump this to keep interest. Thanks!