New server for ispconfig - what configuration is prefered

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by adam_clayton, Feb 22, 2017.

1. adam_clayton

adam_clayton New Member

Hello.
    I'd like to set up new hardware machine only for ispconfig server. What is the best solution to start with separate host for mail, dns, sql, apache for shared hosting.
    I'd like also to create VM from ISPConfig for users - something like VPS. Is any chance to make this config on one strong machine. What type of virtualise is prefered for that situation. in future (2-3 months) i'd like to buy another one machine on this same hardware configuration and make mirror first server with automatic failover.

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Out-of-the-box ISPC is a hosting solution and now one for setting up different VMs.

As for ISPC, I prefer Debian over every other distro :)

If you need different VMs, maybe have a look at Proxmox.

3. adam_clayton

adam_clayton New Member

hey, thanks for answer.
    Now i have one VM for ISPConfig (all services like mail/www/sql/ on this one machine). I want to buy new hardware and split services as separated VM. You say that ISPconfig 3 can create separate VM but can i manage CPU/RAM/Disk for this VM?

4. sjau

ISPC can be installed on multi-server setup to handle different tasks. So you can install parts in different VMs...

However ISPC has no functionality to manage/administrated different vms.

5. adam_clayton

adam_clayton New Member

ok. So what do yo do, when client want to order VPS server? Maybe someone have some advice. I'd like to manage all clients ant their orders from one panel.

6. sjau

no idea, sorry

with ISPC you provide website, email, dns.... but not a seperate server

7. adam_clayton

adam_clayton New Member