New Server not receiving DB updates

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by blinden, Dec 12, 2013.

1. blinden

blinden Member

I have a bit of a strange situation, I'm currently using 3 servers.

Server A only has the ISPConfig interface, we use it as our ISPConfig "controller"

Server B is an email server for about 20 domains, works great, has been going strong for almost a year now

Server C is a new email server that I'm trying to get up and running, I had it setup, and then I deleted it off of the ISPConfig configuration because I was experimenting with some stuff and it got a bit messed up. I reinstalled the OS and ISPConfig on it and it seemed to go okay, but now when I add accounts or domains to it, they show up on the ISPConfig interface, but not in the DB for that server. It's just not getting the info.

I'm not sure if ISPConfig is still retaining some old info from the previous install and I need to update or what. I did give it the same name as the previous server, no errors or info in the SQL logs for either server.

Server A has the right Server_ID# for the new server, the accounts and domains get added to the primary DB, but they don't get replicated down to the actual mail server.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check if the number in the "updated" column of the affected server in the server table in the dbispconfig database on the master server is higher then the max. datalog_id of the sys_datalaog table.

Basically the updated column contains the last processed sys_datalog_id. so if the updates value is higher for some reason, the server will not process any records until sys_datalog id reached a value that is > the updated value.

if thhats ok, then try to debug the slave:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58408

3. blinden

blinden Member

I found an error during the running of the install script that is likely an issue:

Code:
    WARNING: Unable to set rights of user in master database: dbispconfig
     Query: GRANT SELECT, UPDATE(`status`, `error`) ON dbispconfig.`sys_datalog` TO 'ispcsrv4'@'mailserver.wpa.net'
     Error: Unknown column 'error' in 'sys_datalog'
    WARNING: Unable to set rights of user in master database: dbispconfig
     Query: GRANT SELECT, UPDATE(`status`, `error`) ON dbispconfig.`sys_datalog` TO 'ispcsrv4'@'10.0.0.22'
     Error: Unknown column 'error' in 'sys_datalog'

4. till

Has the amster server the same ispconfig version installed then the lsvae? All server in a multiserver setup must run the same ispconfig version.

5. blinden

blinden Member

I was 1 release behind on the master, I updated it, that error went away during install, but the information is still not going to the new server's DB.

The debug script shows identical on the working and not working server.

The updated column is set to '0' on the slave though, I'm going to look into that, the higest on the master datalog_id is 1588.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  6. till

Which exact emessages do you get when you run server.sh on the non working node after you enabled the debug loglevel for that node in the master?

7. blinden

blinden Member

Code:
    16.12.2013-09:52 - WARNING - DB::query(SELECT * FROM sys_ini WHERE sysini_id = 1) -> mysqli_query SELECT command denied to user 'ispcsrv4'@'mailserver2.wpa.net' for table 'sys_ini'
    16.12.2013-09:52 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    16.12.2013-09:52 - WARNING - DB::query(SELECT count(server_id) as number from sys_datalog WHERE datalog_id > 1590 AND (server_id = 4 OR server_id = 0)) -> mysqli_query SELECT command denied to user 'ispcsrv4'@'mailserver2.wpa.net' for table 'sys_datalog'
    16.12.2013-09:52 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished.

So still seems to be an issue with the ID #?

8. till

Did you choose to update permisions in master database during update? If not, please rerun the update manually by downloading ispconfig tar.gz (the procedure is described in the ispconfig release notes of each version) and choose to update the permissions in the master database.

9. blinden

blinden Member

That fixes it.

10. blinden

blinden Member

***IGNORE the below post, I see this has already been addressed***

http://www.ispconfig.org/page/en/ispconfig/patches.html for anyone that runs into this page on a search.

Well, that server is still working as expected, I did the incremental on the original mail server to catch it up to the master server, and now it's getting that same error:

DB::query(SELECT * FROM sys_ini WHERE sysini_id = 1) -> mysqli_query SELECT command denied to user 'ispcsrv2'@'mailserver.wpa.net' for table 'sys_ini'

Tried reconfigure permissions in the master db for while doing the update on this server.

The "Updated" column in this server was 1601
    The higest data_log # on the master is 1606

I tried manually updating the updated column to 1607

No errors show on the debug script, the only thing that stands out to me as different is the privileges on the master server (this machine would be ispcsrv2 that is currently getting the error):
    Code:
    	ispconfig	localhost	Yes	 USAGE	No	Edit Privileges Edit Privileges	Export Export
    	ispcsrv2	10.0.0.22	Yes	 USAGE	No	Edit Privileges Edit Privileges	Export Export
    	ispcsrv2	host.net	Yes	 USAGE	No	Edit Privileges Edit Privileges	Export Export
    	ispcsrv3	10.0.0.23	Yes	 USAGE	No	Edit Privileges Edit Privileges	Export Export
    	ispcsrv3	host2.net	Yes	 USAGE	No	Edit Privileges Edit Privileges	Export Export
    	ispcsrv4	10.0.0.22	Yes	 USAGE	No	Edit Privileges Edit Privileges	Export Export
    	ispcsrv4	10.0.0.23	Yes	 USAGE	No	Edit Privileges Edit Privileges	Export Export
    	ispcsrv4	host1.net	Yes	 USAGE	No	Edit Privileges Edit Privileges	Export Export
    	ispcsrv4	host2.net	Yes	 USAGE	No	Edit Privileges Edit Privileges	Export Export

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013