new setup can not send or receive emails

Discussion in 'General' started by sygram, Feb 18, 2008.

1. sygram

sygram Member

Hi there,

i have setup a Centos 5 system (using perfect setup) with latest version of ispconfig.

Everything went smoothly.

The only problem is that i can not send or receive emails :

When i send an email to an email address hosted at this domain i get this response :

<[email protected]>:
    11.11.11.119 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied
    Giving up on 11.11.11.119.

Also i tried to send using phpmailer but the email is not delivered. ...

Does anyone has any idea how to fix this ?

Thank you very much. Your answers are appreciated.

Regards,

Leon

2. sygram

sygram Member

Sorry for the above info. I think i can send emails. The problem is in receiving them.

It might have to do something with Maildir ?

Thanks

Leon

3. sygram

sygram Member

Guys i think i have discovered a bug.

Ispconfig allows you to "rename" a domain. i.e. from test.com to test2.com and this is what i did.

Although most of the features are updated fine i.e. apache virtualhosts file, the local-host-domains and virtuser files of postfix keep the previous domain setting, thus the emails are not delivered correctly.

I had to remove the website and create it from scratch in order to have all the files correctly. After that for some reason i started getting many emails and my postfix started sending emails in a loop. I removed all the accounts and deleted everything inside /var/spool/postfix... i.e. active folder.

At this moment i think everything is working as it should but guys it was a nasty problem and i am happy that is solved (at least i think).

I think the developers should look into the "renaming" case. Safest option would be after you insert a domain not to be able to change it i.e. with a non editable field.

Best Regards,

Leonidas

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

We'll check this.