New Setup Email Configuration problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jerutley, Jun 12, 2006.

1. jerutley

jerutley New Member

Well, I finally got my ISPConfig setup going today, and it pretty much seems to be working fine, except for one problem. I've tried to load up a test domain, nw7ju.org, into my configuration. I create a new client named nw7ju, and do all the configuration for that, and everything is fine. I then go to create the new site for www.nw7ju.org, and everything there works fine as well. But, here's the sticky part - in /etc/postfix/local-host-names, the name "www.nw7ju.org" is written in, not "nw7ju.org" as I would expect, which causes emails sent to my new email user [email protected] to be returned for a relay violation. So, I go back to my site config, and remove the "www" hostname. When I save the changes, ispconfig removes the "www" from the entry in local-host-names, and all would be fine...except that if I return to the site configuration in ISPConfig again, the www hostname returns, and any changes will re-write "www.nw7ju.org" into local-host-names.

I'm sure I'm probably missing something obvious, but I don't know what, so any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information, please let me know!

Jeremy

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please add a co-domain nw7ju.org (with empty host field) to the website www.nw7ju.org

3. jerutley

jerutley New Member

Thanks Till! I actually figured that one out late last night, and got everything working!