New site installation

Discussion in 'General' started by ivang, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ivang

ivang New Member

Hello,

I'm new to remote administration thru control panels and i've now a pair of servers to administer. Ispconfig seems a very good gpl solution and i'm trying to determine which verstion to install ispconfig2 or ispconfig3, but i've not find any document with the marking differences between the two versions.

Can someone help me with that decision?.

My final intention is to have some friends customers (perhaps a reseller) and control all of it giving they as much as posible control (via chrooted ssh).
    The most important is that the solution should be stable enougth since the servers are not fisically available.

Thank you in advance

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Basically both do the same. The main difference is that ISPConfig 2 is using system users, while ISPConfig 3 is using virtual users (i.e., most services are connected to a MySQL database). Hard to say which one is "better".

3. ivang

ivang New Member

ISPConfig 2 vs 3

Thank you for your answer.
    Then, since there is very much documentation and I use postgres instead mysql and it seems more tested, i'll use the ispconfig 2.

Does someone knows if there is a 'module developer guide for beginners' or similar ?
    I would like to have postgres support in the panel and probably :p nobody is going to do it for me.

Thank you in advance