New Site Under ISPConfig Continues to Display Shared IP Screen

Discussion in 'General' started by giganet, Aug 29, 2008.

1. giganet

giganet New Member

Hello group

I have setup a new site under ISPConfig...
    Within ISPConfig I have defined the DNS settings, I use DNSExit to provide DNS for all of my hosted sites.

I next logged into DNSExit and setup DNS for the new site, and after validating DNS settings at DNSExit when I attempt to browse the new site http://highcountryhomesofanza.com or it's IP I continue to see the ISPConfig Shared IP Screen.

I am able to ping the domain and it's POP mail server alike.

What am I missing here? Other sites on this server using DNSExit all work fine.

Thanking you in advance for your help with this matter.

Regards

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. giganet

giganet New Member

Thank you Till

In ISPConfig for the new site I selected 65.197.209.8, this is the IP resolved when I ping highcountryhomesofanza.com.

The DNSExit records point to the above address alike.

This IP was just made available to the servers interface file, since making the address available I have stopped Shorewall and ran 'iptables -F' then I ran '/etc/init.d/networking restart' then restarted Shorewall.

Thanking you in advance for your time and help

4. giganet

giganet New Member

Hi Till

Just seconds after I submitted my last response it dawned on me to restart ISPConfig...
    After running '/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart' the new domain now is browsable!

EDIT:
    One small issue, I can send Email from the new domain successfully but when I attempt to send Email to the new domain I receive the following error from ThunderBird.
    Code:
    An error ocurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.1.1
    <[email protected]>: Recipient adress rejected: User unkown in local recipient table.  Please check the message recipients and try again.
    I have tried 3 different addresses which exist under this account with the same result.

Thank you very much Till

Regards

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

IS the email address that you're sending to listed in /etc/postfix/virtusertable?