New Slave Server Not Working Propely

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by senormedia, May 10, 2020.

1. senormedia

senormedia Member HowtoForge Supporter

I installed a single ispconfig setup, with everything working correctly,
    Master Panel Is apache
    Slave Panel is NGINX
    I added a new slave server that has everything as well db, dns, roundcube,jailkit, except the interface
    Error 1
    Client that is set up on that server cannot visit domain.com/roundcube for their email
    Error 2
    From https://intodns.com
    DNS servers responded ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond:
    The ones that did not respond are: MAIN IP ADDRESS
    I added a secondary zone, using the new server is that incorrect do i need to change it back to the main ip?

name servers
    ns20.domain.com ip1
    ns21.domain.com ip2
    Main DNS
    maindomain.com. 1800 IN NS ns1.digitalocean.com.
    maindomain.com. 1800 IN NS ns2.digitalocean.com.
    ns20.maindomain.com. 1800 IN A ip1
    ns21.maindomain.com. 1800 IN A ip2
    maindomain.com. 1800 IN A ip1
    *.maindomain.com. 1800 IN A ip1
    central.maindomain.com. 3600 IN A ip1
    web.maindomain.com. 3600 IN A ip2
    mail.maindomain.com. 3600 IN A ip1
    maindomain.com. 3600 IN MX 10 mail.maindomain.com.

Master Host Files
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ip1 central.domain.com central
    ip2 web.domain.com
    ip1 mail.domain.com
    ip2 ns21.domain.com

Slave Host Files
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ip2 web.domain.com web
    ip1 central.domain.com
    ip1 mail.domain.com
    ip2 ns21.domain.com

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The /etc/hosts file has nothing to do with DNS.
    I hope you are not doing stuff and hoping it works, and then ask forum when it does not. And using punctuation would make your text more readable.
    The intodns error seems clear: one or more of the name servers registered for your domain does not work, in other words is it not answering name service queries.
    What exactly happens when he/she tries? What domain is the one used in that URL? Usually one webmail URL is set up for all customers, so webmail works at https://email-server.serverdomain.tld/webmail. Tell that client to use same URL as other clients for accessing webmail.
    The DNS tutorial in my signature has paragraph on troubleshooting DNS problems, try that and then hopefully ask better questions.

3. senormedia

senormedia Member HowtoForge Supporter

@Taleman, no i have read the documentation over and over, i even bought the manual. I apologize if my question seem like a trial error but it was from the documentation my understanding it worked liked that, i guess i just read it wrong. I am not try to do random stuff i just want to get this new server and not mess around with the server only to add new servers. My wife also complains about my english i apologize im mexican spanish is my first language.

Ill revert the ns21.domain.com to the main ip again, can i remove that service from the slave, from the documentation its my understanding you must configure dns all installs on slave servers.
    I clicked on the link, ill checked it out but i think im just gonna leave it for now since its working

This worked,https://email-server.serverdomain.tld/webmail
    the installation said https://email-server.serverdomain.tld:8081/webmail sorry about that
    also on the main ispconfig i access the email by whateverdomain.com/webmail,

One last question
    What i did would be multi server correct and not clusters. I dont understand the mirror option i been reading on the forum that everybody keeps talking about

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Mirror means that tow servers do the same thing. This is used when you either have high load and want to spread the load on multiple servers by adding a load balancer in front of the servers or it is used to get a high-availability setup.

Or in the case of DNS servers, it is used to automatically propagate the DNS records to all name servers so that the other servers can act as a secondary DNS. As alternative, you can use secondary dns records. But take care that you add secondary records only on the secondary dns servers, if you would add it on the primary dns server together with the primary records, then BIND will fail and you get a dns error.