newbe!

Discussion in 'General' started by calmfx, Apr 16, 2007.

1. calmfx

calmfx New Member

yes i am and happy to be one! i have loaded suse 10.2 and put ispconfig on it by using the how to forge tutorial...... there is so much to learn i don't know where to even start, so my question is, are there any actual classes in washington state where i could go to learn how to properly and correctly administrate this? i am using this behind a sonicwall pro 1260.....and i learn much better in a class lab...so any help?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. calmfx

calmfx New Member

thanks, i'll check it out :D

4. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

And of course there's the good old learning by doing approach and you can ask here in the forums :)

5. calmfx

calmfx New Member

true,thanks: how do i veiw a site on my intranet?

yes thats true, thanks,....so heres my next question: i have it local behind my firewall, so once i put a site on it, how would i be able to view it?....i just put a site on it and i would like to make sure it works right before i make it live.....hey, what can i say, i told you i was a newbe!!:eek:

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You need a domain that points to your router's public IP address. and you must configure your router to forward all needed ports (e.g. port 80 for http) to your ISPConfig system.
    On the ISPConfig system, you must create a web site for the same domain, but this time you must use the ISPConfig system's local IP address.

7. calmfx

calmfx New Member

thanks, i had set my web site to look at my public IP.....the rest was good to go!:)