Newbie Confusion on creating users

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by NewbieUser, Mar 15, 2006.

1. NewbieUser

NewbieUser New Member

I have setup up ISPconfig using Debian 3.1 and the :perfect Setup" tutorial. Everything went fine and I would now like to add a test domain and users. For now this server will only handle email for our business. I have read the manuals and have gotten myself confused in the terminology of resellers clients etc. How do I create a domain and add user email accounts to this? Most of my experience in this area is using MS Exchange systems. Many thank for the help.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must create a customer first, and under this customer you can create a web site. Afterwards you go to the "User & Email" tab and add users/email addresses.

3. NewbieUser

NewbieUser New Member

Falko:

Thank you for your response. I do not mean to be dense, but there is no creation for a customer only resellers and clients. I have created two clients and can created a Hosted Site related to them. I take it a client is what you mean by a customer. I have now found that if I delete the clients using the interface as well as the Host Sites that I can not recreate them as the software appears not to recognize the deletion. The entries do not exists under the client or site tabs.

Thank you for your help.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

client = customer

If you want to recreate these items, you must remove them from the recycle bin first. As long as they are in the recycle bin, the system refuses to create the same items again.