newbie: shared ip

Discussion in 'General' started by amdserver, Mar 20, 2007.

1. amdserver

amdserver New Member

Okay, so I've installed ISPconfig under Fedora :) yay

I'm forwarding ports 80,81 to my server, so I can access ISPConfig & my website. Now when I type in my external IP I get:

So my question is how to change it so it looks at a different user?

Right now I really only care about hosting one website, so I don't need more than one ip. correct?

How would one go about accessing a different user that didn't care about a domain? Whats the path?

ex: domain.com/users/~username/

I've tried so many combinations...

Thanks for your help, and GREAT job on ISPConfig very happy with it. Cant wait for 3.0!!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make sure that you selcted the internal IP for the website in ISPConfig and not the external IP. Please make also sure that the domain domain.com of the website really points to your external IP in DNS.

3. amdserver

amdserver New Member

Thank you!

If I made another user, how would I access their site?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

domain.com/users/~anotherusername/

5. gdog05

gdog05 New Member

Adding to this..

I have one site set up, external domain access, etc. Works great, btw. ISP Config is an awesome tool. I want to set up a CMS on the same machine for internal LAN use only. IP based access (we have several machines with web access locked out) I think is the only way to access internally because of this.

Is this possible? How would I go about it if it is? Thanks guys

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

7. gdog05

gdog05 New Member

For some machines, I thought that would be best solution, but we do have several Macs, and several PCs that will need to access the regular domain, and the web. Any other options besides setting up another server?

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You could set up an internal DNS server that is used by machines in your LAN.

9. atoulis

atoulis New Member

Another option is if your workstations use a proxy server for web access, then you should be able to add entires to the host file on the proxy server. This avoids having to update each workstation.
    Alex