Newbie: What is the next step?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brenton, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Brenton

Brenton New Member

Hi

I've posted on this forum once or twice when using the ISP-Server Setup for both Ubuntu and SuSE, but the servers have always been internal testing machines. I've now done a complete install of ISP-Server Setup - Ubuntu 5.10 and it was painless. So first up, I just want to say a big thank you to Falko and the others for the Guides and support on the forums.

Now for my question, I've got a complete working install. What do I do next?

I host a number of domains (both web & mail), for now I have three domains pointing at the new server and need to set things up so that I can test things our before migration.

Is there a thread (I have searched) that gives a basic step by step on what to do next after default install?

Regards
    Brenton

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. Brenton

Brenton New Member

Hi Falko

Thanks for your reply. Thats not quite what I meant. The base Ubuntu server system was installed by my service provider and I did everything else via SSH, as you outlined in your Howto. So the system has the right IP, base domain (http://www.freeflow.co.za) and everything else.

I'm pointing three domains at the IP for now so that I can explore how things work. I'm working through the documentation for now. I'm just a little confused with the steps required to set up all the domains on the server:

Do I have to create a reseller before I can add clients and sites?
    Do I need to have a reseller and client set up before I can add sites?
    Do I need to set up freeflow.co.za in ISPConfig even though that is the domain i used when i did all the configuration?

Brenton

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Not necessarily. You can also create clients and web sites under the admin. But if you want to create them under a reseller, you must create the reseller first.

You must create a client first. It's up to you if you create the client under a reseller or under admin.

If you want a web site www.freeflow.co.za, then you must create a web site with www.freeflow.co.za in ISPConfig.