Nextcloud Commands Can't Connect to DB from JailKit

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by yupthatguy, Jul 11, 2021.

1. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

I am trying to run various commands on nextcloud's occ file as a shell-user for the domain. However, I am guessing JailKit security is blocking my commands from connecting to the DB.

Code:
    ./occ encryption:enable-master-key
    An unhandled exception has been thrown:
    Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory in /web/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:85

So I try to connect mysql using the DB credentials that I made for my nc installation and I CAN connect
    Code:
    #mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u c1nextcloud -pXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have a lot configs to due on occ.. is there a consistent way around this someone can recommend?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Double-check that the connections details in the nextcloud config are using IP 127.0.0.1 and not 'localhost'.

3. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

Yup, changing localhost to 127.0.0.1 connects to the DB... but leads immediately to the next bug :(

Code:
    OC\HintException: [0]: Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache (Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?)

Woudn't happen to have another useful tip up your sleeve, spent hours searching it.. nothing seems to work.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Does occ state it requires memcache? Have you installed memcached?
    I do not know what OS you are running so can not advice on how to check for memcached.

5. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

Morning, thanks for the follow-up. I decided to wait until after morning coffee, so that I may write a coherent post. I am on Debian 10.5 (buster)

Seems the JailKit may be blocking me. Details:

Yes, I installed memcache / apcu a while back when I installed my additional php versions.
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...fig-3-from-debian-packages-on-debian-8-and-9/ [includes Apcu & memcache installation]

Additionally, I used this tutorial to install redis-server:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/install-and-secure-redis-server-on-debian-10/

Upon successful installation of nextcloud the admin page, warns the user if caching is not configured properly and provides links to documentation to proper configure memcache with Nextcloud.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/l...nfiguration_server/caching_configuration.html

I followed the above instructions, got rid of the warnings, and now my Nextcloud itself seems to be functioning properly. My nextcloud/ config/config.php currently contains:

Code:
    $ cat config/config.php
    <?php
    $CONFIG = array (
      'instanceid' => ' ', [redacted]
      'passwordsalt' => ' ', [redacted]
      'secret' => ' ', [redacted]
      'trusted_domains' =>
      array (
        0 => 'test.example.com',
      ),
      'datadirectory' => '/var/www/clients/client15/web49/private/data',
      'dbtype' => 'mysql',
      'version' => '21.0.3.1',
      'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://example.com',
      'dbname' => 'c15nextcloud',
      'dbhost' => '127.0.0.1',
      'dbport' => '',
      'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
      'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
      'dbuser' => 'c15nextcloud',
      'dbpassword' => ' ', [redacted]
      'installed' => true,
      'maintenance' => false,
      'theme' => '',
      'loglevel' => 0,
      'default_phone_region' => 'CN',
      'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
      'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
      'memcache.distributed' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
      'redis' =>
      array (
        'host' => '127.0.0.1',
        'port' => 6379,
        'password' => ' ',[redacted]
        'timeout' => 1.5,
      ),
    );

However when I try to run nextcloud commands against the occ file as the shell-user, I am getting memcache errors as if memcache is not installed and/or can't be found (similar to how the db could not be connected to until after I changed "localhost" to "127.0.0.1"), hence I believe that the JailKit is somehow blocking my commands. For example:

Code:
    OC\HintException: [0]: Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache (Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?)

and

Code:
    php --define apc.enable_cli=1  /web/occ  maintenance:repair
    OC\HintException: [0]: Memcache \OC\Memcache\Redis not available for distributed cache (Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?)

NOTE: When I test redis-server as my root user, I can connect perfectly fine, but when I try to test redis-server as the shell-user I am not able to connect. See below:

ROOT TEST
    Code:
    root@test:~# redis-cli -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6379
    127.0.0.1:6379> ping
    (error) NOAUTH Authentication required.
    127.0.0.1:6379> AUTH [redacted]
    OK
    127.0.0.1:6379> ping Hello
    "Hello"
    127.0.0.1:6379>

and

SHELL-USER TEST
    Code:
    [email protected]:/web$ redis-cli -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6379
    bash: redis-cli: command not found

Do I need to add Apcu/Redis/Memcache to the jailkit in order to be able to run commands on my nextcloud occ as the shell-user?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  6. till

The test you did is not suitable as a test as you try to use a completely different program that's not installed in the jail while nextcloud is written in PHP and therefore uses PHP modules to connect and not redis-cli.

You neither need to install Redis nor redis-cli into the jail, off course, you can install redis-cli in the jail if you like to connect to redis manually as shell users, but that's not related to the original problem and won't solve your issue when you install it. The PHP modules required to connect are missing according to the error message you posted, I'll cite from your post: " ...... (Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?)".

7. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

They php modules are installed and enabled via the correct php.ini, hence the reason for my post:

from shell-user
    Code:
    $ php -m
    [PHP Modules]
    apc
    apcu
    calendar
    Core
    ctype
    curl
    date
    dom
    exif
    fileinfo
    filter
    ftp
    gd
    gettext
    hash
    iconv
    igbinary
    imap
    inotify
    intl
    json
    libxml
    mbstring
    memcache
    memcached
    msgpack
    mysqli
    mysqlnd
    openssl
    pcntl
    pcre
    PDO
    pdo_mysql
    pdo_sqlite
    Phar
    posix
    pspell
    readline
    recode
    Reflection
    session
    shmop
    SimpleXML
    soap
    sockets
    sodium
    SPL
    sqlite3
    standard
    sysvmsg
    sysvsem
    sysvshm
    tidy
    tokenizer
    wddx
    xdebug
    xml
    xmlreader
    xmlrpc
    xmlwriter
    xsl
    Zend OPcache
    zip
    zlib

[Zend Modules]
    Xdebug
    Zend OPcache

Code:
    apt-get install php7.4-fpm php7.4-memcached php7.4-cli
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    php7.4-cli is already the newest version (7.4.21-1+0~20210702.48+debian10~1.gbp9b7c1f).
    php7.4-fpm is already the newest version (7.4.21-1+0~20210702.48+debian10~1.gbp9b7c1f).
    php7.4-memcached is already the newest version (3.1.5+2.2.0-9+0~20210228.30+debian10~1.gbp2db493).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

8. till

And you were logged into the jail when you ran the commands? I doubt that, as you can't install software via apt as jailed shell user. I guess you don't understand the concept of jails jet. A jail limits the abilities of a user in that way that it changes his root directory so he can only use the applications that are installed inside his jail and NOT all applications installed on the server. So testing if a app is installed as root or non-jailed user makes no sense, as the result will not show if a specific jailed user has access to a specific app.

9. till

Btw. You seem to test for Memcached, but nextcloud and the Nextcloud error message is talking about Redis. So are you using Redis or Memcached? I guess you use Redis, at least that's what Nextcloud error talks about, so you need the Redis PHP module and not the Memcached PHP module that you have tested for with your commands and the PHP output you posted does not list Redis PHP module. From Nextcloud homepage:
    https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/l...nfiguration_server/caching_configuration.html
    • Redis, PHP module 2.2.6 and up required.
      For local and distributed caching as well as transactional file locking.

10. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

I actually do understand that jailkits are meant to limit users ability so that they can't harm your system.

The apt-get command was, quite obviously run from root, just to show that memchache was already clearly stated in post #5

Also, quoting me the same exact nextcloud documentation page that I quoted in post #5 probably not useful.

However, the useful information that I did get from your post is that the php-redis module appears to be missing when I run php -m as the shell user. Therefore, I went to root user and also ran php -m which clearly shows that the php-redis module IS installed.

Which leads all the way back to my question at the bottom of post #5

Updating a bit... How do I get the shell-user / jailkit to recognize that the php-redis mdodule is installed?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  11. till

But your problem is not about Memcached, it's about Redis. Memcached and Redis are two different applications, they are both in memory data stores, but it's not the same application!

Which was answered in post #6 already. Here again the answer from post #6:

"You neither need to install Redis nor redis-cli into the jail, off course, you can install redis-cli in the jail if you like to connect to redis manually as shell users, but that's not related to the original problem and won't solve your issue when you install it. The PHP modules required to connect are missing according to the error message you posted, I'll cite from your post: " ...... (Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?)"."

A jailed user never recognizes or loads something that's not installed into his jail. To solve your issue, you have to copy the redis php module and probably also it's config file if there is one in php conf.d directory plus maybe some libraries if it uses them in the jail. The command to copy such things into a jail is jk_cp, see: https://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/jk_cp.8.html

12. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

Having read the documentation, turns out, that jk_cp is unnecessary. Because I installed he php-redis module after the jailkit was already created. I only need to run:

#jk_update -j <jail>
    in order jaikit to compare the php files on the real system and the jailed system, then copy the missing files.

Might someone clarify how to specify a <jail> path with ispconfig users?

thanks

13. till

<jail> is the jail root path, something like /var/www/clients/client1/web1 The real path depends on your website.

14. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Ispconfig will update jails periodically as well, and you can do things to get it to update then right away, like adding/changing the sections or programs included in the jails (eg. add "true" or "ls" or such, which is included anyways, and it will change the checksum and update the jail(s)). You might be able to use tools->resync as well.

15. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

This command failed:

Code:
    #jk_update -j  /var/www/clients/clientXX/webXX    <- DocumentRoot of my website listed under Domains

but it returns:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/sbin/jk_update", line 290, in <module>
        main()
      File "/usr/sbin/jk_update", line 272, in main
        if (not config.has_key('hardlink')):
    AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'has_key'

After that I went to tools->resync and I checked: "All Services", "Websites", and "Shell-Users"... still no luck. I restarted apache and php, but from shell-user prompt php -m still does not show that php-redis is installed.

Any other tips?

16. Jesse Norell

This is a bug in jailkit, fixed in version 2.22. The debian (buster-backports) package is outdated and still broken.

17. Jesse Norell

If you enable the website option to delete jailkit files when not in use, unset chroot for php-fpm (if in use), and either delete your site shell users and cronjobs or change them to not use jailkit, the jailkit files will be deleted. Then you can undo your changes (eg. add shell users/cronjobs back, or change to use jailkit again, and set chroot for php-fpm if used) and it will recreate the jail with current files. That will get the jail updated without needing the jk_update utility.

18. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

Appreciate the feedback... can you recommended a means/method to update to the version 2.22? Seems like the most direct path is to update version 2.22 and use the utility as designed. I am searching around now for instructions.

19. Jesse Norell

You can build the package yourself (the Perfect Server guides show how). Alternatively, I just changed the 2 lines in jk_update from the above-linked patch and jk_update then runs.

20. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

Morning...

The anti-climax. I successfully updated jk_update. and again ran
    jk_update -j /var/www/clients/clientXX/webXX

It deleted a bunch of old things, but amazingly enough, when copying new items into the jailkit it seems to have completely ignored php-redis:
    Code:
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/mbstring.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/mbstring.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/sockets.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/sockets.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/pdo.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/pdo.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/shmop.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/shmop.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/xmlreader.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/xmlreader.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/bz2.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/bz2.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/ftp.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/ftp.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/mysqli.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/mysqli.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/pdo_sqlite.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/pdo_sqlite.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/xmlrpc.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/xmlrpc.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/ffi.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/ffi.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/gd.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/gd.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/phar.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/phar.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/ctype.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/ctype.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/readline.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/readline.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/posix.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/posix.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/imap.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/imap.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/sqlite3.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/sqlite3.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/pspell.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/pspell.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/exif.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/exif.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/sysvshm.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/sysvshm.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/gmp.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/gmp.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/soap.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/soap.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/opcache.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/opcache.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/calendar.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/calendar.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/dom.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/dom.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/tokenizer.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/tokenizer.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/iconv.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/iconv.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/xsl.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/xsl.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/fileinfo.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/fileinfo.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/mysqlnd.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/mysqlnd.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/json.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/json.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/simplexml.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/simplexml.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/intl.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/intl.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/xml.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/xml.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/pdo_mysql.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/pdo_mysql.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/sysvmsg.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/sysvmsg.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/curl.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/curl.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/bcmath.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/bcmath.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/xmlwriter.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/xmlwriter.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/tidy.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/tidy.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/sysvsem.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/sysvsem.so
    Copying /lib/php/20190902/gettext.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20190902/gettext.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/mbstring.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/mbstring.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/sockets.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/sockets.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/pdo.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/pdo.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/shmop.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/shmop.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/xmlreader.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/xmlreader.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/bz2.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/bz2.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/ftp.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/ftp.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/mysqli.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/mysqli.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/pdo_sqlite.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/pdo_sqlite.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/ffi.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/ffi.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/gd.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/gd.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/zip.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/zip.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/phar.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/phar.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/ctype.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/ctype.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/readline.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/readline.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/posix.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/posix.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/imap.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/imap.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/sqlite3.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/sqlite3.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/pspell.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/pspell.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/exif.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/exif.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/sysvshm.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/sysvshm.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/gmp.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/gmp.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/soap.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/soap.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/opcache.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/opcache.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/calendar.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/calendar.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/dom.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/dom.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/tokenizer.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/tokenizer.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/iconv.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/iconv.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/xsl.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/xsl.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/fileinfo.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/fileinfo.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/mysqlnd.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/mysqlnd.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/simplexml.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/simplexml.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/intl.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/intl.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/xml.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/xml.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/pdo_mysql.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/pdo_mysql.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/sysvmsg.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/sysvmsg.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/curl.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/curl.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/bcmath.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/bcmath.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/xmlwriter.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/xmlwriter.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/tidy.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/tidy.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/sysvsem.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/sysvsem.so
    Copying /lib/php/20200930/gettext.so to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/20200930/gettext.so
    Copying /lib/php/sessionclean to /var/wwwclients/clientXX/webXXusr/lib/php/sessionclean

From there I tried tools -> resync, again without success.

Rebooted the whole server, and tried again. Both methods still refuse to send php-redis to jail. #php -m shows php-redis, meanwhile $php -m does not show php-redis

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021