Nginx as front end

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tokar86a, Jan 27, 2015.

1. tokar86a

tokar86a Member

Hi
    Do ISPConfig 3 support Nginx as a front end server and pass on the request it dont can handle?
    Like this control panel do: http://vestacp.com/

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig supports apache as webserver and nginx as webserver and nginx as proxy in front of apache. Nginx can handle all requests that apache can handle, just faster, so no need for a slower fallback like some cp's that dont have real nginx support are doing it. If you really want to have nginx in front of apache, then thats possible as well with this addon: https://github.com/Rackster/ispconfig3-nginx-reverse-proxy

3. tokar86a

tokar86a Member

How do i find settings for it in the ISPConfig?

4. tokar86a

tokar86a Member

How can i find it?

5. till

The configuration files of this addon are in the same place where you find all ispconfig config file templates:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/

and

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/

for config file overrides. The plugin does not require additional settings.

6. tokar86a

tokar86a Member

so the only thing i need to do is to upload all the files in the right directory? How do i know if it works ?

I have try to find a guide on how i should setup this the right way to get it to work. But i have dont find anything. Do you have any suggestions till?

7. till

you should be able to see e.g. with firefox developer tools if your website has been delivered by apache or nginx. Please note that this plugin has to be installed before you create a website.

You can also try to contact the author of the plugin if you need more instructions for its installation.

8. tokar86a

tokar86a Member

What should i do if i already have created a website?