nginx configuration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by BardiaMGTGC, Apr 6, 2021.

1. BardiaMGTGC

BardiaMGTGC New Member

hello
    i have ispconfig setup everything running with no issues but as seen in the perfect server debian squeeze 6.0 tutorial nginx has some extra configuration for each vhost and each domain to get phpmyadmin and squirrelmail to work(nginx returns 404 without them)
    i dont want to add this configuration for each vhost is there anyway to add it automatically(using a cron is an option but will have some delay)
    i was thinking of adding it in the nginx.conf file but im not sure if its going to work or not

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To change all vhost config you would use a conf-custom template (find the template in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/and copy to conf-custom, make your changes then resync websites).

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Quite old if accurate.
    This also, not used on new systems.
    What version ISPConfig?

4. BardiaMGTGC

BardiaMGTGC New Member

i have copied nginx_apps.vhost.master then changed webmail and phpmyadmin lines and resynced didnt seem to change anything

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  5. BardiaMGTGC

BardiaMGTGC New Member

well to be honest its a raspbian based in debian 10 by debian 6 i meant the tutorial
    its running ispconfig 3.2.4

6. Jesse Norell

That is the wrong template, is probably just nginx.vhost.master, but I'm not able to confirm at the moment.

7. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Raspbian is not officially supported, and why not follow the guide for Debian 10?

It's nginx_vhost.conf.master

ahrasis and Jesse Norell like this.
  8. BardiaMGTGC

BardiaMGTGC New Member

its running on a raspberry pi so i chose the most optimized os and kernel
    i have added nginx_vhost.conf.master to conf-custom and added phpmyadmin and squirrelmail location blocks but still not accessible (when i type in webmail it will redirect to squirrelmail then a 502 bad gateway pops up same error for phpmyadmin bad permissions maybe?)

update: changed owner of /usr/share/phpmyadmin and squirrelmail to www-data:www-data (user group) still no luck

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  9. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Why use squirrelmail instead of apt install dovecot?
    I remember discussions on this forum about running ISPConfig on Raspberry Pi, and it worked. I would follow the Debian 10 Perfect Server Guide and expect to get a working system.

ahrasis likes this.
  10. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As Taleman said, follow the Debian 10 guide.

11. Jesse Norell

Don't do that; you said you had things working with only changes to the vhost config, so I'd stick with the nginx vhost template changes. What's different between what you had working, and what is now generated from your custom template?