Nginx directives for clients

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jesin, Sep 29, 2014.

1. jesin

jesin New Member

I'm using ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p3 on Debian 7. The changelog of 3.0.5.4 beta says

But I can't find such an option under "Limits" when creating a client. Am I missing something?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The field is not available for clients as it would allow a client to extend its capabilities like accessing websites of other clients. The changelog refers to tah availability of nginx snipptes to be configured by the admin and then made available to clients.

3. arraken

arraken Member

Is it already possible to assign nginx snippets to clients over the ISPConfig Interface? I didn't find it in my installation ( 3.0.5.4p5)

4. Gouri

Gouri New Member

I have the same question than arraken, I created a few nginx directive snippets and can't find where to access them on a client account or where to enable them for clients, anyone?

5. arraken

arraken Member

6. IHS

IHS New Member

7. till

IT's on the first tab of the website settings, near the bottom.

8. IHS

IHS New Member

Could you please point me to it? This is first tab of the website settings from the client area Screenshot_1.jpg

9. till

The field apperas below the php version field if you have added directive snippets and made them available for clients. See System > Directive snippets.

10. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can allow them to use the web config dropbox under Client -> Limit-Templates -> their template -> Show web server config selection (check this setting)

11. IHS

IHS New Member

That`s what was missing! Thanks a lot

However is it maybe possible to make the separate Options tab like it`s done in the admin area, so that user could actually see which snippets are added (the code itself, maybe read-only)?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021