No additional PHP versions for vhost subdomain

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by SupuS, Jan 18, 2015.

1. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    I have set several PHP versions on server and they are visible in standard web but there is no options for additional PHP version in vhost subdomain configuration. Problem is that the subdomain use different version than I would like to use. Is it bug or normal behaviour?
    Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just checked it here in a ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p5 installation and I'am able to select additional PHP Versions in a vhost subdomain.

3. SupuS

Hi till,
    I have 3.0.5.4p5 too. I had to change it directly in ispconfig database. I will test it on another server.

4. SupuS

Hi,
    I am still facing this problem. Is there some way how to solve it please?
    Thank you

5. till

I'am not able to reproduce that on 3.0.5.4p5, selecting a different php version in a vhost subdomain just works, please see the attached screenshot. Maybe you selected a wrong php mode, additional php versions are only available for php-fcgi and php-fpm and php has to be compiled and configured for that php mode to show up in the select field.

Attached Files:

6. SupuS

Hi Till
    here is screenshot from our ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p5 from web domain and vhost subdomain. As you can see I am able to set php version for main domain but there is no option in subdomain. When I set manually this option for subdomain directly in database table web_domain => fastcgi_php_version and than resynchronize websites it works as expected.

Attached Files:

7. SupuS

Nobody have similar problem? We have same problem on two different servers with Debian Wheezy (nginx, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p5).

8. till

I'am really sorry, I cant reproduce that here. I'll ask one of the other developers if he can reproduce it on his servers.

9. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I checked it on my 3.0.5.4p5 but without any problems. Could you please check the ajax response when you change selection of php mode? Maybe the ajax call fails for some reason?

10. SupuS

How could I check ajax response please? I am not familiar with ajax at all :)

11. Croydon

You can use the firefox developer console (CTRL+SHIFT+K).
    There you can see all requests a website makes. At the "network" switch select "log contents", change the php mode back and forth, then check the konsole log and klick on the ajax call. You will get a popup will all information of that call.

12. SupuS

Thank you. I followed your instructions and I found difference in ajax calls between domain and vhost subdomain.
    In normal domain I can see:
    Code:
    https://www.domain.tld:8080/sites/ajax_get_json.php?1431102085359&server_id=1&php_type=php-fpm&type=getphpfastcgi&client_group_id=2
    When I click to this line I can see list of php versions in response tab. But when I try it in vhost subdomain I get shorter URL:
    Code:
    https://www.domain.tld:8080/sites/ajax_get_json.php?1431102143027&server_id=1&php_type=php-fpm&type=getphpfastcgi
    with empty response. When I edit this call and add "&client_group_id=2" to the URL manually I can see list of php versions.

13. Croydon

So it seems you have limited your additional php versions to some client?

14. SupuS

Yes it is true. On the server is only one client and all php versions are assigned to this client.

15. Croydon

As a workaround until there is a patch for this, you can assign the php versions to "no client" (empty). So it is available for all clients and will show up on vhost subdomains.

16. SupuS

Thanks a lot. It works. I tried it some time before but I overlooked option for "none" in select box. In firefox there is narrow line only as you can see on the screenshot.

Attached Files:

17. Croydon

In ISPConfig 3 version 3.1 there will be a completely renewed layout with better select boxes.