No (g)zip in PHPmyadmin

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jang, Sep 1, 2006.

1. jang

jang New Member

There is no gzip or zip setting for importing or exporting sql files in my PHPMyadmin. I followed the perfect dapper drake 6.06 ubuntu server setup.

How do I change this?

Also I can't get the max file upload higher then (Max: 8,192KB), despite changing settings in php.ini in the etc/apache2 setting and restarting.

What should i change?

Using ubuntu64

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you are talking about the phpmyadmin package from ISPConfig? Gzip is not compiled into the PHP that ISPConfig uses. Either you unpack the sql file before you upload it or use the mysql commandline tools to import the file, if it is too large.

You can also recompile the ispconfig php but this is not recommended!

This package is run on the ISPConfig controlpanel server, the php.ini for this webserver is /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini After you changed the setting, you must run /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart

3. jang

jang New Member

Till, thx for your answer.

I understand it now, maybe a feature request to have gzip compiled into php?
    Most sql files will be compressed a factor 10!!

Is it possible to upgrade the PHPMyadmin?
    I miss the feature of clicking a column name in a table to sort desc/asc. It only sorts asc in my version. I also miss the shortcut to COUNT/SELECT DISTINCT which I have in 2.8.

I guess the commandline MySQL tools are only available for the root-user, and not client-users, or am I mistaken. Client users don't have shell acces, right?

Jang

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, you can put a newer phpMyAdmin into /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpMyAdmin. Or you install another phpMyAdmin in one of your web sites on the server.

You can give them shell access in ISPConfig, but it's a security risk.

5. jang

jang New Member

6. Berry

Berry New Member

what would be risks of zip/gzip/bz2 support? I would like to modify compile parameters of ispconfigs PHP when upgrading...

7. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

None. :)

You can do that in install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile.

9. Berry

Berry New Member

Falko, as always - short and to the point! ;) That's why I love this Forum and ISPC. Thanks for replies and help! :D