No mail received into a specific mailbox!!!

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by freesqrt, May 30, 2008.

1. freesqrt

freesqrt New Member

Hi there,

Recently I had a strange problem with ISPconfig/postfix/UebiMiau.
    One of my accounts [email protected] (that was the administrator of some domains) could send mail to anywhere but could not receive nothing from anywhere. I checked “Reply to” field in preferences panel of UebiMiau but it was correct (the same [email protected]). I had to delete it and create it again. But what was the problem you believe?
    Some times ago I empty this mailbox by a pop3 mail client. Can it be effective?

Regards,

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please check if the MX record for the domain is pointing to the correct server:
    Code:
    dig mx mydomain.com

3. Malc

Malc New Member

Just a suggestion from left field..

Did you upgrade to the latest version if ISPConfig ?

If so the problem maybe quota related. I had exactly the same problem and fixed it by changing the quota level for that account. Apparently the latest version of ISPConfig no longer recognises the old default "-1" quota level.

You need to go and change the quota from -1 to a real value.

Hope that helps

4. freesqrt

freesqrt New Member

Hi Malc,

it seems reasonable. I have not upgrade ISPconfig but this account's qouta was "-1" I think.
    Here another important question appears: how can I change mail qouta? recently I changed mail structure from mbox to Maildir and after that related field from ISPconfig panel disappeared. also the bar that was showing consumed and free amount of mail box removed. in this situation how can I change each mail box quota separately?

Regards,

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The Maildir is a subdirectory of the user's homedir (whereas the mbox is always in /var/spool/mail) and therefore falls under the user's web quota (although it is not a web folder). That's why the field disappeared. You can adjust the quota by changing the web quota field.