No main menu after last upgrade 3.1.1p1 urgent

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by muekno, Nov 10, 2016.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did upgrade in multiserver production enviorement. Befor I had Version 3.1, skipped 3.1.1 Followed instructions from here http://www.faqforge.com/linux/controlpanels/ispconfig3/how-to-update-ispconfig-3/ , slaves first as the update script recommends.
    First as in last update my official certificat for the admin server is lost again, I said no to create new certificate
    Second and thats more importent I do not gate am menu in ispconfig I just cam out on the "websites" page.

Thanks for quick help

Rainer

2. muekno

Partly solved, menu is back after correcting certificates.
    *) after the update this lines are lost or replaced with these **) lines, while the first 2 are uncommented.
    It ist not a great thing to change this back after the upgrade, but it is bothersome.

Rainer

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The lines after the updates are the correct ones. I guess you edited that file manually and replaced the original lines instead of putting your custom ssl cert into the right files.

4. muekno

Yes I edited them, as the certificate is user elsewhere, so I like to use ist from the default location /etc/ssl/certs and /etc/ssl/private
    If I select do not renew certificate, the apache config file should not be overritten. But ok, I can reedit, ISPConfig updates are not so often.

Thanks for answering

Rainer

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Off course you can do that, but never edit the config file. If you want to place the ssl certs into a different folder then use a symlink in the /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ folder which points to your ssl cert location.

You mix up SSL cert and the apache config file here. What you did is that you selected to not create a new ssl cert and there has no new ssl cert been created, so ispconfig did exactly what it should do. What ispconfig did is that it replaced a manipulated config file with the correct one from ispconfig source tarball and that#s exactly what should happen in such a case.

muekno likes this.
  6. muekno

Good idea, thank you for the tip, I will do that

Rainer