No pureftpd and squirrelmail after installing ISPConfig 3.03 on Debian Lenny

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Freek1970, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Freek1970

Freek1970 New Member

Hello!

I tried to install ispconfig on Debian Lenny twice the first time I had some errors so I did the whole install again from start (network install Debian).
    This second install went completely without errors, I followed the howtoforge exactly.
    Thus I expected to end up with a running configuration.
    However I end up with a not working server, it has problems with both pureftp and squirrelmail. The server runs on a hyper-v box but I think this is not a problem due to that the whole installation runs without problems.

Below a status of services:

Status of Services
    Web-Server: Online
    FTP-Server: Offline
    SMTP-Server: Online
    POP3-Server: Online
    IMAP-Server: Online
    myDNS-Server: Online
    mySQL-Server: Online

pureftpd mysql does not run and I do not get it running too, I have tried to reinstall only pureftpd by apt-get install reinstall pure-ftpd-common pure-ftpd-mysql but it did not help.
    Further when trying to log on to squirrelmail from the webmail it gives an error:
    ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

dovecot and postfix give a lot errors in the mail log:
    Code:
    Nov 3 14:00:02 linuxwebserverwander postfix/smtpd[8012]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Nov 3 14:05:01 linuxwebserverwander dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected: rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
    Nov 3 14:05:01 linuxwebserverwander dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected: rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
    Nov 3 14:05:02 linuxwebserverwander postfix/smtpd[8089]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Nov 3 14:05:02 linuxwebserverwander postfix/smtpd[8089]: lost connection after CONNECT from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Nov 3 14:05:02 linuxwebserverwander postfix/smtpd[8089]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Nov 3 14:10:02 linuxwebserverwander dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected: rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
    Nov 3 14:10:02 linuxwebserverwander dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected: rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

Please help!

With Kind Regards,

Frederik

2. Freek1970

Freek1970 New Member

Hi all,

I did find out more.
    Removing the "TLS file" containing the "1" created with the command below made the pure-ftpd work for me.
    echo 1 > /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/TLS

So pure-ftpd seems to work without the TLS, the deamon starts then and a ps-ef|grep ftp shows him, while it does not with TLS on my server.

I think further that there was nothing wrong with the squirrelmail, I tried to login with the administrator account and this works before installing ISPConfig3 but not after installing ISPConfig3. ISPConfig3 allows only email accounts that are created in ISPConfig3, I got squirrelmail working with an email account created in ISPConfig3.

I only wonder why the pure-ftpd does not work with TLS, would still like to know why, but for the purpose I use the server for (not connected on the web but in a safe environment) it works.

Frederik

3. Freek1970

Freek1970 New Member

Any help on pureftp with TLS?

W.K.Regards,

Frederik

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Just a guess, but maybe it is a problem with the resources (e.g. memory) allocated to your virtual machine.

5. Freek1970

Freek1970 New Member

Hi Falko,

Thank you for comming in.
    The Hyper-V VM has 512 MB RAM and 20 GB diskspace.
    I expected that 512 MB was enough (this server has not much load).
    Maybe I'am wrong?

With Kind Regards,

Frederik

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

7. Freek1970

Freek1970 New Member

Hi Falko,

I know this two monitor tools.
    It could be a good idea.
    Due its a VM I can give more memory too..., the geust has 10 GB ram, I think I can increase RAM to 1 GB to find out, without damage.

Frederik