No sites tab in ISPConfig dashboard

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tlove, Aug 29, 2021.

1. tlove

tlove Member HowtoForge Supporter

Just logged into ISPConfig dashboard as administrator to manage a site and the Sites tab and other bits are missing.
    The sites seem to be all in place ok - just not showing on the dashboard.
    What should I do to restore the dashboard?

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. tlove

Dear Th0m, Thank you for your suggestion. I tried turning it off and on and no change. I ran the common issues code and just tried to use 'insert code' to insert the output from the 'common-issues' txt but it was too large. I've attached it as a file.
    Some background dashboard was working yesterday and there have been no changes since then - however, during yesterday I made an error in setting the directory permission for one website /web directories (set them to 750) and as a result can't access or change them. Not clear if this has anything to do with the issue?

Attached Files:

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please read carefully. I am referring to one of the FAQs in that thread - "Panel not showing up"

Have you tried turning it off and on again is just part of my signature ;)

5. tlove

Thanks. I'd read the section on panel not showing up. In this case, the issue is that only part of the panel is showing (only Home/Client/Help/Monitor/Tools/System). The lists of domains and databases show on the Home page but are not clickable. There is no server showing under the System tab.
    OS is ubunto20.4 and php and php-cgi are both 7.4

6. tlove

Dear Till and Th0m, I ran ispconfig_update.sh --force as suggested in the FAQs. It checked the ISPConfig database ok then output 'Unable to read server configuration from database'.
    I welcome advice on what to do next.

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Post a screenshot. And you might just have disabled functions or modules for the user you are logged in with under system > CP users or if you logged in as a client, you might have disabled functions in the client limits.

8. tlove

upload_2021-8-30_14-26-20.png
    Also nothing showing in the server fields (see below) . The upgrade script also cannot find the server.
    upload_2021-8-30_14-28-8.png upload_2021-8-30_14-26-20.png upload_2021-8-30_14-28-8.png

9. till

1) Go to System > CP users, click on admin. is the 'sites' module enabled there?
    2) And for the missing server record, login to phpmyadmin, open the dbispconfig database and have a look into the 'server' table to see if there is a server record or if it is empty.
    3) Run the command:

php --version

on the shell and post the result.

10. tlove

1) Site module is listed and enabled (see below)
    upload_2021-8-30_14-40-51.png
    2. Table server in dbispconfigm returns empty set (see below)
    upload_2021-8-30_14-53-33.png

3. php --version
    PHP 7.4.22 (cli) (built: Jul 30 2021 13:08:17) ( NTS )
    Copyright (c) The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.4.22, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

11. till

Ok, seems as if you deleted the server record. The system can't work without it. Do you host sites on this server already?

12. tlove

Yes. The server is used as an email server for around 25 domains, as a nextcloud server (150Gb) and as a server for a handful of Joomla domains

13. till

Ok, so we have to try to rebuild the missing record as you can't reinstall it. Did you do an ispconfig update recently? If yes, you probably have a backup of the whole old database in a sub folder of the /var/backup/ folder. The folder name should be ispconfig plus the date and time when you did the update. Please check if you have such a backup of the dbispconfig database, database backup files end with .sql

14. tlove

The most recent ISPCONFIG .sql updates from /var/backup are for 8 July and yesterday. Yesterday's update is after the problem started.

15. till

Ok, so you must use the backup from July 8 then. Open the SQL file with a text editor, it must contain a line (very long line!) that starts with "INSERt INTO `server`", copy the whole line. Then open phpmyadmin, go to the dbispconfig database, open the 'sql' field so you can run a SQL query in the database, insert the SQL statement that you copied from the backup and execute it. Then check in ISPConfig if the missing server shows up in server list again.

16. tlove

Thank you Till.
    That appears to be successful.
    Thank you also for the lesson.
    Best regards,
    Terence