no statistics for ftp

Discussion in 'General' started by t-mug, Feb 24, 2009.

1. t-mug

t-mug New Member

If I execute on CLI:
    Code:
    server:~# /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/ftp_logs.php
    then I get an error:
    Code:
    grep: /var/log/xferlog.0: file or folder not found
    Otherwise the TransferLog variable in the proftpd.conf says:
    Code:
    TransferLog /var/log/proftpd/xferlog
    and all the log files in fact residing there. This is the default config log path for proftpd by installation (Ubuntu, Debian).

All the stuff was working until November 2008. Starting at Dec. no statistics anymore. I guess, because of the path misconfiguration.

The perfect setup does not adjust the log path - so what to do?
    Whithin the ISPConfig-Panel I cannot find a log path for Proftpd to configure. There is on the corresponding tab only the proftpd.conf path for adjustments available. Otherwise the ftp_logs.php seems to get the value from the $server["server_proftpd_log"] array key, which is obviously catched from the database.

Can anybody give me an advice what to do?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Change the location of the xferlog in your proftpd.conf file and restart proftpd.

3. t-mug

t-mug New Member

Thanks, it was my first thought as well. But how is it intended? The Perfect Setup does not change the path inside the /etc/proftpd.confg. And the "/var/log/xferlog" value seems hardcoded into the database.
    Is the proftpd config file value changed by any ISPC script to "/var/log/xferlog" later then?

Sorry for my stupid questions, I appreciate your practical support. It is because I hate driving while seeing nothing. I try to understand how a configured behaviour of proftpd suddenly can change and how to make my settings more reliable.