No Virtual Hosts

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tac, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tac

tac New Member

When creating new websites using ISPConfig, all of the folders and user accounts are setup, but no virtual hosts are created. The Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file is left blank. When I connect to any of the domains pointing to my webserver they simply default to the default /var/www/html/ directory for apache.

How do I get the ISPConfig to properly write to the virtual hosts file? What information do you need to help me?

2. tac

tac New Member

I am not quite sure what happened, but now the Vhosts.conf file is there and filled in what looks to be correctly. Unfortunately, all of the websites are still being directed to the /var/www/ direction, instead of their respective directory such was /var/www/web1/web/.

3. tac

tac New Member

Just so others know how I got this working over the course of 5 hours.

The Virtual Servers were defined as being linked to a given IP 123.123.123.123, but by adding the wildcard IP * to the list of available addresses. I was able to select * and then all of the virtual hosts worked properly based on an alias from the domain name.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

This means you used the wrong IP address before in ISPConfig. You should have used the IP address you see when you run
    Code:
    ifconfig

5. tac

tac New Member

I wish the installation instructions had been more clear on this. The ifconfig IP address for me is my LAN IP not my WAN IP. It looks like 192.168.1.123.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Then change your ISPConfig settings to use this IP address.