None form found for CNAME DNS entries ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Keoz, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Keoz

Keoz Member

Hello,

My goal is to rebuild an existing website content.
    In this purpose I want first to beta test a web based CGI script that stands for a website CMS editor and publisher. I then created a subdomain that has his own website structure and directories, as explained on a page of this ISP Config3 manual (see method 2) : http://docs.ispconfig.org/creating-web-sites/subdomains/

At the bottom of this page I am told to not forget to make a CNAME DNS entrie for the subdomain, and I am presented a link for further details : http://docs.ispconfig.org/dns-basics/canonical-dns-records/
    But I am using the latest ISP Config3 version, and under the DNS tab I have been looking in vain for the form to make such CNAME DNS and "A" entries....

Does it mean that CNAME DNS entries are not needed any more ?
    Or, does the CNAME DNS entrie has now to be made from another menu tab ?
    Or, can it be made from my account manager on side of my web hosting provider ?

Awaiting for some guidance,

KS

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

in ISPConfig you would create dns records under the DNS section, ie. the DNS tab showing in the url you put above. I'm a little confused by what you mean by "my webhosting provider" - do you not administer the control panel? If not, and you don't have a DNS tab, it's likely the ispconfig administrator disabled it for your account (maybe you could ask and they would enable it?).

3. Keoz

Keoz Member

I have followed instructions of a tutorial from OVH (my web hosting provider) and modified some settings under the domain section of my customer account; since then, everything was ok ! my browser displays the default test website properly.

I do administer my ISP Config3 control panel, but I prefer my DNS to keep being partly managed and set by my web hosting provider (OVH). I am administrating all other major elements : database, FTP, Shell, PHP, etc from ISP Config3 control panel side.

Regards