noob first time install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dogupstairs, Jan 21, 2006.

1. dogupstairs

dogupstairs New Member

hi, followed a great tut @ http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_fedora_core_4 and then to the ispconfig page, install seemed to go well until the final steps i put in a domain that I do not own yet, the install quit at this point.. I understand why I would like to know if i can just use localhost for now until I get the domain sorted or do I have to wait? thanks..

2. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

I don't know if this works in RH

after i had a few crashes before realizing that AFTER IT CRASHED i had to do the following,,,,,

rm -rf /root/ispconfig
    rm -rf /root/admispconfig

then, i had to go to where i had downloaded and extracted ispconfig, and

RM ispconfig_install

then i would re-unpack ispconfig, and re-run the install.

I don't know if this works in RH, but in debian, when running the actual ISPConfig install, during the "final stages" it asks for the following....

MySql Server (I put in Localhost)
    MySql User (I used root)
    MySql Password (the password i created in the mysql section of perfect setup)
    IP address of the ISPConfig web, i put the main IP for the server,
    for the host name, i left blank (not www)
    for the domain, i put in the ip number (24.182.139.77) of the server itself.

(had to edit to put the part that should be done first (rm -rf ...) at the beginning of this reply)

hope this helps,
    Shawn.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  3. dogupstairs

dogupstairs New Member

thanks for the reply stlshawn, I think that will work for me but I may have screwed up again.. i'm using a router so the ip i get is 192.xxx.xxx.xxx is that the server ip i should use or the ip handed to me by my isp? I put the 192 ip for the IP address section then the ip from my isp in the url section... I also chose https (i don't know why) when I type in the ip from my isp the operation times out. i thought maybe it was a firewall rule thing but i added the rule and same issue.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer