Not able to add new websites cause no server selectable

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jimpanse, Dec 22, 2016.

1. jimpanse

jimpanse New Member

Hi Guys and gals,
    i have a strange error regarding server selection if i try to deploy a new website.
    I am running a multi node cluster on
    (Debian Jessie) ISPConfig 3.1.1p1
    consisting of two nodes serving the same services, replicating on a master master mysql database and syncing files on two local storages with unison.
    I see both servers in the config section of my ispconfig web interface stating everything is ok but if i try to set up a new website or a new database i am not able to see any of those servers now in the "Server" Drop-Down Menu.
    I've checked the server table of my dbispconfig and everything seems to be correct here. I did not even change anything here. Please give me some hint. I've wanted to set up a new website for a new customer and i am stuck for now (could deploy vhost manual but this is not in the mind of the inventor i guess)

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

did you add the server in the client-limits?

3. jimpanse

jimpanse New Member

I am logged in as administrator, where do i set this for admin user?

4. jimpanse

jimpanse New Member

I am also not able to "log in as user" pressing on the green button next to a customer, system says that password is wrong and returns to Customers section.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you edit the settings of this ispconfig user under System > CP users? E.g. settings the user type from client to admin or adding the user there alltogehter instead of adding a client (which would add this user automatically)?

6. jimpanse

jimpanse New Member

Nope, take a look at the attached picture.
    [​IMG]

7. till

I'm talking about the client user that you want assign the website to, not the admin user.

8. jimpanse

jimpanse New Member

Nope, did not change anything on the clients account, actually i am logged in as user "admin" and if i try to deploy a new website i am seeing this.
    [​IMG]

As you can see there is no server listed in the dropdown, even not if i type in a servers name.

9. till

Check under System > Server servies if the server where you want to add the website on has the web server capanility set there.

10. jimpanse

jimpanse New Member

is set yes,

[​IMG]

11. till

And server2 has the setting "IS mirror of server = server1" and server1 has nothing set for "Is mirror of server", right?

jimpanse likes this.
  12. jimpanse

jimpanse New Member

Thats it. Thanks till, i've set the Settings on both servers to be a mirror from each other cause i thought of an active active cluster, set "Is mirror from" on server 1 to nithing, now it is working as expected.