Not getting 32-bit Color Quality

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Brightbelt, May 15, 2007.

1. Brightbelt

Brightbelt New Member

Hi,
    I've installed U-Studio 3 times now, tweaking different elements in the install to get things right.

But no matter what I do, I can't seem to get 32-bit color quality on my monitor - for instance, many gradients show the bandwidth of colors instead of the smooth gradient.

This should be solvable - my Ubuntu install (vs studio install etc) had no problem with this.

I know how to check the Screen Resolution Settings and I even tried to set higher settings during my last install to correct this, but the highest setting seems to default at 1024 x 768.

I know this can go higher because my dual boot here XP shows a 1440 x 900 resolution.

But even with all this, (and sorry for the windows reference), this looks like the Display Color Quality Settings are at 16-bit vs 32-bit. But I can't locate where in Ustudio to change this.

I appreciate any help. Many Thanks, Frank

2. Brightbelt

Brightbelt New Member

OK, problem solved. I needed to go into my card manager and enable my Nvidia graphics card.

The Ubuntu (regular Ubuntu) install did this automatically, so I wasn't sure why this was different this time around.

Thanks, Frank