Not receiving mails on local mail service

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by SipriusPT, Oct 24, 2016.

1. SipriusPT

SipriusPT New Member

Hello guys,

Till now i have been using my roundcube without any issue from my mail ISP server IMAP and SMTP, but now i am trying to connect it locally (IMAP and SMTP at localhost) to my mail service (who is providing mail for my domain) through Server app (OSX) (uses the postfix as MTA) to be sync with my other mail clients (such as Mail apps).

But when i do it (with localhost or empty at config.inc.php and defaultd.inc.php) at port 143 i am always getting this error, that seems that there is a problem with IMAP connection:

[24-Oct-2016 09:16:13 +0100]: <am1rremq> IMAP Error: Login failed for X from 192.168.1.1. Could not connect to xn--dvgc:143: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: nodename nor servname provided, or not known in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 193 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

[21-Oct-2016 17:37:55 +0100]: <hfhgjoi8> IMAP Error: Login failed for X from 192.168.1.1. Could not connect to xn--localhost-499dua:143: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: nodename nor servname provided, or not known in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 193 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

Mail service at Server App:

[​IMG]

Right now i am able to send mails from my Mail App's from my private network who are connected with my local mail service, but still unable to receive mails. I made a test in my Mail app to see if there was a problem with local mail service IMAP and seems to be working:

[​IMG]

I made a list of my localhost ports and it seems that IMAP is working fine:

imap-logi 17415 _dovenull 7u IPv4 0xedc67564bb7ab39 0t0 TCP *:143 (LISTEN)
    imap-logi 17415 _dovenull 9u IPv4 0xedc67564bb7b321 0t0 TCP *:993 (LISTEN)

It seems that in both cases i may have the same problem in both cases (roundcube and Mail apps), and that there is a problem between my ISP mail server and my mail service, but i cannot figure how can i solve it.

Do i need a ISP DNS MX record to my local mail service to receive mails? i dont have a static IP or a reverse DNS yet to use and test this. There is a possibility that postfix (or dovecot) is not well configured to receive mail? If yes, how can i set it?

Any clue?

UPDATE1:
    I made a test to see if was a problem from router firewall, but after testing it in DMZ, i notice that the problem doesnt come from here.

UPDATE2:
    i didnt notice that was from the quotes from default e config files of roundcube it self :eek:, it was from the default text program on OSX, and it seems that was causing problems!!! I didnt notice it because both types of quotes are very equal! Those strange quotes just change when i pasted here! And yes, those quotes had a different value in ASQII and was messing with roundcube!

Nothing better then pure nano from command line!

Now i dont have problems with leaving it empty '' and i am getting a different error to 'localhost':

[24-Oct-2016 16:34:50 +0100]: <57i9hjni> IMAP Error: Login failed for X from 192.168.1.1. The krb5 extension is required for GSSAPI authentication in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 193 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

Now i know what is going!

Do you know where can i find this plug in? After a while searching in the official repo i didnt found anything =/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016