not sure i understand

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by budgierless, Jul 11, 2018.

1. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

hi, i am setting yp website wihich using adobe flash or red5 media server on ither server, my ispconfig website im am using is: stream.domain.com,
    but i need to do this:
    <<< You must create an alias in your domain name fms.domain.com pointing to your VPS that will be hosted the FMS files >>>

how do i do this on ispconfig websites, i only know dns for pointing. please help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you shall add an alias domain to that website, see sites > Alias domain in ISPConfig.

3. budgierless

how to a do it, sorry i dont know have to use this aliasd page? please amed and give example for alisas to anoither external website.

Domain: fms
    Parent Website: domain.com :: server1.example.com
    Redirect Type: No redirect
    Redirect Path: vps1.steamserver.com (external site)?
    Auto-Subdomain: www.
    SEO Redirect: No redirect

4. till

I don't use that adobe software, so I can't tell you which exact settings they need. It might even be that they just want you to add a dns cname record and not a website alis or something else. Better you contact their support and ask them to explain what exactly they want you to add on your server or in DNS.

5. budgierless

i understnd that, maybe i should make question more simple, how do i setup an alisas for: howtoforge.com to youtube.com using ispconfig?

6. till

The purpose of a website alias is to show the same content than the website that it aliases. So there can not be an alias for howtoforge.com at the howtoforge server that points to youtube.com. At least not if you are not the owner of the target domain youtube.com and administrate the youtube server as aliases are created at the target and not the source, which I guess you are not.

My guess is that you mix up a website alias with a DNS CNAME Record and that's why I asked you to contact adobe support so that they can tell you what exactly they need for the software.

What you probably need is a DNS cname record for something.yourdomain.tld. which has as target somethingelse.otherdomain.tld. DNS CNAME record are created on DNS server and not on the web server.

What one can create on a web server is an HTTP redirect, but I guess that's not what this software needs.

budgierless likes this.