Now Postfix won't receive messages! :(

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by PierreQuebec, Apr 5, 2008.

1. PierreQuebec

PierreQuebec New Member

Greetings,

My Internet service was down for a few hours (problems with my ISP probably; I couldn't check as I was working outside) between about 07:15 and 14:45 UT today, and ever since it came back online, my Postfix server has been unable to receive messages.

My MX records seem to point to the right IP, my Postfix is up and running (even upgraded from 2.5.1-1 Ubuntu to 2.5.1-2 Debian because of a problem which I can't exactly recall about something like btree:/something) but messages sent to my addresses are simply floating around in limbo on the Internet.

When I tell my domain name registrar to instead forward any e-mail, for those addresses that would normally be under my Postfix's watch, to another e-mail address (for example my Hotmail one), then all e-mails are delivered without any problem.

Postfix 2.5.1-1 and now Postfix 2.5.1-2 on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
    Domain names pierrepaquette.net (main) jetetrouve.com (virtual alias) cielprofond.info (virtual alias) and quebecscope.info (virtual alias)

How can I find what's wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Pierre

2. PierreQuebec

PierreQuebec New Member

Now I'm wondering if I have been hacked or something!!! :-S

I tried again setting up my MX records to my current IP address, and then I sent myself an e-mail from my Hotmail account. It bounced back with the following message:

Now http://www.amadis.com returns nothing (hangs) and http://www.ctmail.com shows an "Under Construction" page, so I can't get much info about those.

Have I been somehow hacked? Their IP address (69.64.145.228) is nothing like mine (currently 69.159.185.137) or the one returned by:

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I'd check all your MX record and change them back to your server.

4. PierreQuebec

PierreQuebec New Member

Hello,

I changed my MX records and they should be working fine now. However, it is obvious that Postfix is not getting the messages being sent to the domains it's supposed to be watching: from my hotmail account, I sent myself a message to pierre (at) pierrepaquette.net and never got it. I check the server's log files and nothing shows up.

Everything was working just fine before my Internet connexion down time. I'm starting to wonder if my ISP didn't find me out and decided to block the ports used by Postfix?! Would there be a way to check that out?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You should ask your ISP if they started to block port 25.