odd SSL vhost problem...

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, Jan 31, 2017.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have an odd situation I just reissued a multidomain cert and I installed it on all 3 domains.
    however only a subdomain(vhost) worked immediately. my main domain generates .err files on the bundle, crt, csr and key. even when I copied manually all data into both places (vhost subdomain and my main domain) and save them in ispconfig (save certificate on the SSL page).
    the only way to get the main domain to work is to put a virtual host in the ssl.conf (in /etc/httpd/conf.d) and point its SS file entries to the same files! then all hosts have SSL working.

how can i diagnose whats causing the problem? and in the SSL folder under the /var/www/domain.com/ssl I also see .org and various .bak files. should I clean all those out and try saving once more?
    or is there a log to look at to tell me WHATS its complaining about??
    I would rather manage it cleanly all in Ispconfig rather than have to edit ssl.conf manually :(

cdb.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Rename the current .vhost file of that site to e.g. .vhost.bak, then rename the .vhost.err file to .vhost. Then try to restart apache, it should show you the errors on the screen that prevents it's restart which caused ispconfig to create the .err file and use the last working config instead.