Odd Vlogger Errors in error_log

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by iyeat, Jan 27, 2008.

1. iyeat

iyeat New Member

I followed the "[link=http://howtoforge.com/apache_log_splitting_vlogger]Splitting Apache logs with vlogger[/link]" Tutorial and it seems to work very well... The only issue that I am experiencing is that I am seeing very strange log entries in the apache error_log file:

Code:
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11509.
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11510.
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11511.
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11512.
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11513.
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11515.
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11516.
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11517.
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11518.
    Argument "-" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger line 456, <STDIN> line 11525.
    Just curious if it's something to be worried about. I thought it could be related to the options to write the bandwidth usage to a table (mainly because it wasn't working), but I disabled that option and the issue still persisted.

Thanks!

Caio

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Probably just warnings. Does the logging (access log) still work?

3. iyeat

iyeat New Member

It does work, yes, however I'm not able to get the bandwidth logging part of it (-d option). No relevant errors in the log, and all of my dB info checks out.

4. falko

How did you set up the bandwidth logging?

5. iyeat

iyeat New Member

I set up my httpd.conf to pipe the logs to vlogger with the -d option:
    Code:
    CustomLog "| /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger -d /usr/local/sbin/vlogger-1.3/vlogger-dbi.conf -s access.log /home/webconf/logs" combined
    vlogger-dbi.conf looks like this:
    Code:
    dsn     DBI:mysql:database=virtualhosts;host=localhost
    user    virtualhosts
    pass    <mypassword>
    dump    30
    I've double checked that DBI is installed, as well as the username & password for mysql, and the database name.

6. falko

And without the -d switch it's working without problems?