Official ISPConfig Billing Support!!!! - WHMCS

Discussion in 'General' started by xmike14x, Aug 22, 2007.

1. xmike14x

xmike14x New Member

Hey guys, I convinced the creator of WHMCS (www.whmcs.com) to create support for ISPConfig. He has emailed ISPConfig and will try to work with them to create it. Yay!

2. Berry

Berry New Member

Hmm, until today our boleved panel hasn't been implemented and supported :(

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

They emailed me and wanted us to program the things for them. I told them that we can support them if they have any technical questions but that we are not able to do the programming for them. I never get an answer to this mail from them.

4. kextra1

kextra1 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

1 step

Wow, dang that would have been cool.

I understand not wanting to write code to bridge to another app you haven't previously supported....but i also understand it's hard to bridge frameworks if you don't speak the language and understand the variables or if you don't have any type of a reference to do so.

I guess that's a one up for panels like lxadmin

However, the developers of ISPConfig were kind enough to release a great panel under open source.

Even though I like their product, WHMCS developers decided to release it closed source like the homosexuals they are. *******!

5. till

ISPConfig 3 is completely commented in english and all variable names are in english. And to use the remoting framework as needed for a billing system for ISPConfig 2 you dont have to look at the ispconfig code at all ;)

6. HellMind

HellMind Member

Having that module will make ispconfig better.
    Can't we create some donation funds to pay programmers to do whmcs integration module?
    I would like to donate for that.

Or maybe people who pays whmcs may create support tickets on whmcs to claim the support for ispconfig2/3.

7. eugenevdm

eugenevdm New Member

Billing Systems for ISPConfig

I am interested in this topic as our company is an avid user of WHMCS and Plesk and we are thinking of migrating from Plesk to ISPConfig. I have the following questions:

* Which billing systems does ISPConfig support?
    * Does ISPConfig have an 'overuse' API to obtain overuse values for billing purposes?
    * Are there migration systems available for people who want to go from Plesk to IPConfig?

8. bluebirdnet

bluebirdnet Member

did this fall through ? as i dont see any support on the WHMCS site.

9. eugenevdm

eugenevdm New Member

10. bluebirdnet

bluebirdnet Member

11. bluebirdnet

bluebirdnet Member

12. eugenevdm

eugenevdm New Member

I'm guessing ISPConfig doesn't have a proper API and will have with version 3.

13. eugenevdm

eugenevdm New Member

I don't work for ISPConfig but I believe I know how WHMCS works. WHMCS won't do a module for a product that doesn't have a (decent) API. Doing so would just cause them to do major rewrites in the future whenever the source server is changed. So they only hook in to systems that have at least some kind of decent API. Last time I checked ISPConfig had no API.

14. till

ISPConfig 2 has a decent API for years, see remoting api page on ispconfig.org

15. bluebirdnet

bluebirdnet Member

Till then do you know why its not implemented with WHMCS ?