One-click installer

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by isaluki, Oct 16, 2022.

1. isaluki

isaluki New Member

Hi,

I've been looking for some kind of one-click app installer for ISPConfig (something along the lines of Softaculous, but preferably open-source). I've found lots of mentions of things like the APS Installer, but this seems to be deprecated. Is there a replacement or alternative system to this that I can use?

thisiszeev likes this.
  2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Not yet. I am looking into a new system, but not sure if/when that would get done.

3. isaluki

isaluki New Member

Alright, thank you. I did try and use Softaculous but that doesn't seem to work with Nginx and it wasn't FOSS either.

4. Th0m

If there are any sponsors for it, it might be possible to spend more time on it. If anyone is interested, feel free to get in touch.

5. isaluki

isaluki New Member

I might be interested in doing something, if you could give me a rough idea of the cost of sponsorship and how long it would take for a basic one-click installer (let's say one that can install WordPress).

I understand none of this has a simple answer, but a rough estimate would be appreciated.

Thanks

thisiszeev likes this.
  6. Th0m

We are discussing this in the core dev team, we'll get back to it ;)

webguyz likes this.
  7. thisiszeev

thisiszeev Member

This is something I am also very interested in. I want to go 100% open source, and as much as Softaculous has been good to me, it doesn't quite fit into my ethos.

I was thinking of starting a project to create an open source alternative, however, my problem is time. I also need to brush up on my PHP as the last time I really worked heavily in it was version 5.2, I am busy doing a full course on version 8.0 and 8.1, and boy has things changed.

My vision is a community-driven "package manager" type system with a simple and straightforward interface. People can build their "packages/scripts" for various web apps, and upload them to a central repository, where others can then install them.

Executing the various commands like wget, curl, untar, etc is not that complicated. But I have a long way to go before I can even consider this. Also, I would need to learn how to integrate the solution into ISPConfig.

If there is anyone else interested in this, drop me a DM. I do log in now and then, so don't be offended if I don't reply promptly.

I actually came on here this evening to post a query if there was already a solution. But found this thread so I simply added to it.