one Master and one Slave Server - doesn't work properly

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by plusQ, Oct 24, 2017.

1. plusQ

plusQ New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    I have 1 Server with Debian 9 and ISPConfig. Installed with help of the latest tutorial.

Now I need 1 Domain on an extra Server. So I installed the 2. Server completely like the first one, only ISPConfig I set in "slave" Mode.

All seems to be fine. On my Master, I can setup all websites on the 2. Server.

One thing, that is not working is:
    the e-Mail.

When I send from the 2 Server a mail to an account on the 1. Server it doesn't work. No Mail is coming

The Logfile on Server 2 tells:

Code:
    Oct 24 00:41:34 os1 postfix/smtp[2123]: 58178237A4: to=<[email protected]>, relay=mail.TARGETDOMAIN.org[123.123.123.123]:25, delay=1083, delays=1078/0.03/0.22/5.1, dsn=4.7.1, status=deferred (host mail.TARGETDOMAIN.org[123.123.123.123] said: 450 4.7.1 <SENDERDOMAIN.org>: Helo command rejected: Host not found (in reply to RCPT TO command))

What can I do??

--
    Frank

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check that the hostnames of the servers exist in DNS as A-Records so that they can be resolved correctly.

3. plusQ

Do you mean in ISPConfig?

I didn't make any changes in the ISPC DNS, and in the Domain settings is all set. I changed only the IP

4. till

I mean on your servers. Check that the hostnames on all servers and from external are resolving to the correct IP addresses. you can do that e.g. by using the ping command.

5. plusQ

The IP is correct on each server

6. till

And SENDERDOMAIN.org resolves fine as well?

It is really unlikely that postfix says that it can't find (resolve) the name SENDERDOMAIN.org when the name resolves fine.

7. plusQ

I did this on Server1, Server2, myLocalPC
    all the same result

(If you need the real Domain, and IP, I can send it per Mail)

Code:
    ping -c4 SENDERDOMAIN.ORG
    Code:
    host SENDERDOMAIN.ORG

8. till

Do you get this problem for all outgoing emails to all servers? the problem with the obfuscated log part that you posted is that I can't verify it due to replaced parts. If I understand the log correctly, then the target (recipient) server which is probably not your server complains that it cannot resolve your domain name, so this can be everything from not correct set domain record on your side to a config failer on the target server to a timing problem that your DNS changes are not propagated to all servers yet or that you have a DNS split brain problem where just some of your DNS servers respond properly.

9. plusQ

Server1 is the Master ISPConfig with my own Domain
    Server2 is another server only with 1 Domain (the SENDERDOMAIN)
    both servers are mine.

I can sent from Server 2 everywhere but to my Domains on Server1

All Domains on Server1 can send anywhere.

In the Domains I use the DNS-Servers from my hoster.

This Server1 is the same Server with my "FTP-Problem" in the other post. Maybe there is something strange happend. But what?!?!?!?

I installed that Server1 3 weeks ago... and I will try another one. But then I have to migrate all the old things again. So this error should be found.

10. till

Probably something got really broken when you moved the data and config to the new server. Maybe you should contact Florian from ISPConfig business support to take a look at your server by remote login. http://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=ispconfig