Only allow DB Server in new DB form

Discussion in 'General' started by pyte, Dec 12, 2022.

1. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    as the title says, where can i change the servers that are selectable in the new database form? I want the admin/users only be able to chose my db server for this field and not all the servers that have the db enabled.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

For admins and users: System > Server services uncheck db server on all servers that shall not be listed as db server.
    For users only: Their client limits (but if you do the above, then there is no need to further limit it in client limits)

3. pyte

That is what i've thought, just want to make sure that nothing goes wrong disabling the DB Service on the other hosts. Thank you for the reassurance :)

4. pyte

I assume that "Fileserver" is the pure-ftpd-mysql service right? After disabling it should the host stop the service on it's own?

5. till

yes

No, as long as the system is a web server, it's assumed that it has pure-ftpd installed and active. The only way to not show FTP user option to clients is to set number of FTP users to 0 in client limits.

6. pyte

Isn't that quiet strange for a "panel" server, which has webserver enabled because it provides the ISPConfig frontend?
    The users can have FTP Options thats no concern to me, as they are only able to select it per webspace, and have no choice of server for this.

I'm coming quiet close to migrate over a big amount of webspaces, mailing and dns, so i'm in the process of clearing everything up and make sure everything is as it should be, and our supporters don't get confused :)

7. till

As you mentioned, the FTP account is always bound to a website, so you can't add an FTP account for the panel server unless you allow users to host websites there. Therefore disabling FTP by the server has not been implemented, as you can not select the server for an FTP user. So the only thing you can't restrict at the admin level at the moment is to have websites on a server without allowing the admin to add FTP accounts. The 'File server' right under System > server services is indeed unneeded, at the time we added this option, we thought about implementing more dedicated file storage functionality in the panel.

8. pyte

Allright thank you for clearing that up :)