open newsletter

Discussion in 'General' started by clarky87, Jul 6, 2010.

1. clarky87

clarky87 New Member

can anyone help im using this on my website for a subscribe got it all uploaded and working but dont know how to edit the little window it applys for people subscribing.

<iframe src="http://mysite.com/OpenNewsletter/includethis.php" frameborder="0" width="200" height="100" style="border:1px solid #CCCCCC"></iframe>

it come up with scroll bars and a whbite background is it possible for me to edit the colour and remove the scroll bars completly or is there a possible way for me to create the form again and send it using an actio n on a submit button

thank you

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can add
    Code:
    scrolling=no
    to the <iframe> tag - the scrollbars should then disappear.

The colour is defined by the src file (http://mysite.com/OpenNewsletter/includethis.php), so you must change the background colour there.

3. clarky87

clarky87 New Member

scrolling bit works great thanks i had alook last night i assume that the default colour is white as no colour is define would it work to integrate a css style into the coding or would it have to be a seperate sheet is is it alot more simple just changing the back ground colour

4. clarky87

clarky87 New Member

scrolling bit works great thanks i had alook last night i assume that the default colour is white as no colour is define would it work to integrate a css style into the coding or would it have to be a seperate sheet is is it alot more simple just changing the back ground colour

the coding i have from opensource documents is

<?

session_start();

require_once("config.php");

if($_GET["action"] == "subscribe")

{

$fp = fopen("$db_file", "r");

$file_text = fread($fp, 999999);

fclose($fp);

$subscribers = explode(",",$file_text);

foreach($subscribers as $subscriber)

{

if($subscriber == $_GET["email"])

{

$result = 1;

break;

}

else

{

$result = 0;

}

}

if($result == 1)

{

print "The email you provided alreay exists. <a href='javascript:history.back(-1)'>please try again</a>";

}

else

{

$fp = fopen("$db_file", "a+");

fwrite($fp, $_GET["email"] . ",");

fclose($fp);

print "<font face=arial size=2 color=blue>congratulations, your have successfully subscribed to the mailing list</font>";

}

}

print "

<form action='includethis.php'>

<input type='text' name='email' size='26' value='Enter your email' onfocus=\"this.value=''\">

<br>

<input type='submit' value='Subscribe'>

<input type='hidden' name='action' value='subscribe'>

</form>

";

?>

where and how could i implement the css into the file im only beginner at this and learning sorry to be a pain but when i try to add into it just messes it up and stops it working

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  5. clarky87

clarky87 New Member

orted it i just added this code in and did the trick at the top of the php page

<style>

*{ margin:0; padding:0;}

body{ font:100% normal Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background:#000000; position: "centre";}

</style>