Openssl 0.9.8o to 1.0.1 debian squeeze

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by momo1240, May 7, 2016.

1. momo1240

momo1240 Member

Hello guys,
    hope I can find some help here.
    here is my configuration :
    debian squeeze + ispconfig (3.0.5.4p8)
    apache 2.2.16
    Openssl 0.9.8o-4squeeze14

I have to use TLS 1.2 on my server (Paypal will accept only tls 1.2 on june 2016). But when it checked on google, it tells that TLS 1.2 is available only on openssl 1.0.1 so I have to update openssl as I'm using 0.9.8o at this moment.

My question can I update openssl to 1.0.1 with my current server configuration and if there is a nice tutorial for it online

thank you for your help

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I would upgrade the server to wheezy or jessie. You did not get any updates for squeezy since a few months.

3. momo1240

momo1240 Member

Thank you for your reply florian
    is it safe to upgrade from squeeze to wheezy ? because I dind't find any tutorial about it on howtoforge.
    I'm running the last version of ispconfig on my debian squeeze but I'm afraid if I update to wheezy
    apache and php will be updated to (I think) and it will be a mess

thank you again

4. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

upgrading to wheezy should be fine. Apache is still 2.2 there and php is still 5.x something. Upgrading to Jessie will definitively require you to reconfigure the services.

IIRC from Squeeze to Wheezy I just did alter the sources.list and apt-get dist-upgrade then.

5. florian030

There is a difference between saslauth (if you run courier) and doveoct. I would run ispconfig update with reconfigure services after the dist-upgrade. Basicly, you can do was sjau wrote: change the sources and run apt-get dist-upgrade

6. momo1240

momo1240 Member

thank you for your helps guys
    I read in a lot of post that there is a problem during the upgrade with Dovecot (as mentionned by florian) and php-suhosin
    I was wondering if it's ok to backup dovecot configuration and desinstall these 2 programs

thank you

7. florian030

There is no problme with dovecot. Just some changes in the config-files. To solve this, just update ispconfig and choose "reconfigure services". I never had any problems with suhoshin...

8. momo1240

momo1240 Member

thank you for your reply florian
    I'm ready using the last version on ispconfig (3.0.5.4p8)
    I just want to make sure that dovecot won't "block" the upgrade
    so I can keep dovecot installed ?

9. florian030

10. momo1240

momo1240 Member

thank you again Florian
    I will follow these steps
    As I already have a website running on ispconfig
    if I choose "reconfigure services", will this remove my configuration of all services (, dns , apache config,my emails adresses etc..) ?
    thank you again

11. monaliza23

monaliza23 New Member

thank for your info