Options tab in sites for clients

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kaostc, Jan 23, 2023.

1. kaostc

kaostc Member

By default the user of a client can edit his sites but cannot access to options tab in site configuration. Is there a way to allow this?
    Thanks a lot.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, if it is accessible to the client, then the client can potentially take over sites of other clients or even the whole server. So there is no way that a client can access these security-sensitive settings.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. kaostc

kaostc Member

Thanks a lot for your answer.

4. till

What you can do, though, if you need specific configurations for some cms systems, create them under System > directive snippets. The client then has a select field on the first tab of website settings where he can select one of these config sets.

5. kaostc

kaostc Member

Thanks till! The problem is that what I want is to provide the client with control to the max upload limits. So it becomes a bit more difficult to achieve... I would have to provide several preconfigured limits, but they would not be able to set their own limit.
    By the way, I am a bit in a mess on how the combo that selects configuration works. If I select a snipet in this combo... it ignores nginx configuration box in option tab? (that is what it seems to me).
    Thanks again, I appreciate a lot your help.

6. till

Yes, you can either sue the snippets or the config box.

7. kaostc

kaostc Member

Thanks a lot for your help!