original virtusertable and local-host-names

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jacobhenry, Feb 17, 2007.

1. jacobhenry

jacobhenry New Member

About a month ago I tried following the HowtoForge tutorial on setting up Ruby and ISPConfig on Debian. Instead of doing a fresh install a tried to modify my existing system (Ubuntu 6.06) by walking through the steps that differed from my original Howto (Perfect Setup for Ubuntu...). While doing so I also decided to reconfigure postfix since I was experiencing some problems I couldn't figure out. Bad Idea. After I followed through the tutorial, I reinstalled ISPConfig and had everything running except Ruby, in order to get that working I had a forum member walk me through his successful installation which seems to have broken something. Now every night my local-host-names and virtusertable refresh back to their original(backup) files, deleting all the users domains I have created and it leaves me with

Code:
    ###################################
    #
    # ISPConfig local-host-names Configuration File
    #         Version 1.0
    #
    localhost
    server1.scratchcohosting.com
    localhost.server1.scratchcohosting.com
    localhost.scratchcohosting.com
    #### MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ####

and

Code:
    #
    # ISPConfig virtusertable Configuration File
    #         Version 1.0
    #
    #### MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ####

Now when I try to delete and recreate a user it doesn't populate these two files. I know there are some error logs that can detect why the files reference back to there backup. I will continue to search the forums for this particular problem. hopefully someone has some sort of knowledge about my problem. Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check the logfile /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/ispconfig.log for errors.