outlook 2019 imap account and limits with dovecot

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tr909192, Apr 13, 2021.

1. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear,

a strange things happen with outlook 2019 and a customer with three imap accounts.
    Basically the first two account works smootlhy but the third does not connect at all (is not even possible to configure them) because this error:

Apr 13 16:48:29 mx370 dovecot: imap(XXXXX@XXXXX): Connection closed (IDLE running for 0.001 + waiting input for 0.001 secs, 2 B in + 10+10 B out, state=wait-input) in=11 out=360

anyone has some ideas about it?
    ty

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Can the user log in to it through webmail?
    Does the account work in a different mail client like Thunderbird?
    I suspect it is a Outlook problem, not server side.

3. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

webmail yes
    outlook 2019 pop3 (with many account you want) yes
    others client (imap and pop3) yes
    only outlook 2019 imap account is stucked on the first two accounts. from the third get the above errors.

i think too that is a client related problem, but you know, when microsoft drop in is never a microsoft fault... so i'm asking if anyone is facing the same issues...

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I have not seen such issues here, nor heard something about it from other users. Can you share the settings (with a fake domain name) your user is trying?

5. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

What about per IP connection limit? Could this be the case?
    Outlook may be opening up a bunch of connections, causing that limit to be reached on per IP basis.

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

'dovecot -a | grep mail_max_userip_connections' will show what it is set to.